Broke my gear shifter for the third time....

Fire Rescue1401

Ok so about three months ago i was at the drag strip and my stick broke at the bottom. so i made a custom stick that will not break. then about a month ago i was at the stip again and the stock shifter fork broke off at the threads.... so i bought a BD short shifter.... installed it about three weeks ago and this past weekend while at the NADM drag race the BD fork broke at the threads...... i took welded up my stock one to run for now and am making a shorter sitck to cut down on the leverage and maybe i wont break it again. i called BD and they are sending me a new one and i was thinking about getting it treated to make it stronger.... i have been told to get it heat treated, and i have also been told Cryo treated.... which is better and which will make it stronger?????? i am getting f-ing tired of breaking this damn thing. i haven't been able to run it with my new set up cause it breaks on the first run....

Thanks,
Eric

cant find any cryo around here anyone know of a place???? maybe a number so i can give them a call

Have BD send it straight to Wide Open unless it's already on it's way. They are fair on their prices. Ask your local machine shop if they know any how I found a guy in Ohio.

Have BD send it straight to Wide Open unless it's already on it's way. They are fair on their prices. Ask your local machine shop if they know any how I found a guy in Ohio.

its on its way so i will have to look them up and see about sending it to them inless my machine shop knows someone local....

Thanks,
Eric

I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's roid rage... Calm down when you shift... LOL Kidding, I just have no useful advice that wasn't already listed. LOL

I shifted hard and the shifter was fine but pulled the bolts from the linkage for 5th, 6th out of the bellhousing. Had to get a new bellhousing so it could always be worse.

Back