BROKE the first part of my G56 tonight!!

Robertp

not what i was expecting to break at all, i went to shift into 5th and the shifter came off in my hand! after getting to my destination, i pulled the boot and found i broke the shift tower in half below where the shifter attachés. so in a pinch i had a buddy go get me a 3/4 inch pipe to fit around what is left so i could get home. anyone else have this issue? and also does anyone know where to get one, i called the dealer i used to work for, they said that no one has them and 4 have been ordered for the country but who knows when that order will be filled. not enough left to weld on, so I'm stuck with a pipe for right now.

Wat were you doing to cause this to break???

honestly i was down shifting on a off ramp. i was driving normal for a change. ive learned my lesson in doing that ill never drive my truck normal again!:hehe:

honestly i was down shifting on a off ramp. i was driving normal for a change. ive learned my lesson in doing that ill never drive my truck normal again!:hehe:

:hehe:That will teach ya gotta drive it like ya stole it...

:hehe:That will teach ya gotta drive it like ya stole it...

amen brotha.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

HotRod

you guys can both see in my sig, that it gets driven harder than if i would have stole it! its just a very odd place for something to break. it broke below the threads where the shifter screws on. still havent quite figured out how though?

Your '05 should have a 1-pc shifter, which has been discontinued... only the 2-pc '06+ G56 shifter is available now.

Still unclear - did the shift tower with the 4 bolts that mount it to the tranny case break, or did the shift lever base break just under the 2 bolts that attach it to the shift lever?

you guys can both see in my sig, that it gets driven harder than if i would have stole it! its just a very odd place for something to break. it broke below the threads where the shifter screws on. still havent quite figured out how though?

Yea i know you do it was just a joke.... For someone to get a G56 into the 12s is just simply incredible...

I broke my nv5600 there as well.

I have a 3/4 Socket welded up to crossovers and have 1/2" extensions (a 12" and a 4") then my OE shifter welded to the top of it to make my new shifter.

I was also shifting normally. Just trying to put the truck in 1st gear from a stop.

I'll get a picture up soon.

Merrick

Your '05 should have a 1-pc shifter, which has been discontinued... only the 2-pc '06+ G56 shifter is available now.

Still unclear - did the shift tower with the 4 bolts that mount it to the tranny case break, or did the shift lever base break just under the 2 bolts that attach it to the shift lever?

it broke below where the shifter attaches, by that i mean below were the shifter screws on to the threads that hold it to the tower.

Hey RP have you put any thought into a zf 6 speed ?
If it's not a proven mistake, I think i will try and go this way if i ever have to replace my nv .

Seeing that vid of the 12 second d-max with the zf kinda got me wishin my 2-3 shift was straight back.

Hey RP have you put any thought into a zf 6 speed ?
If it's not a proven mistake, I think i will try and go this way if i ever have to replace my nv .

Seeing that vid of the 12 second d-max with the zf kinda got me wishin my 2-3 shift was straight back.

Not trying to be a punk, but why not launch in 3rd? :rockwoot:

The dmaxs out there making huge power take out the Allison and put in a 48re

Back