Broken display?

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
So my PRNDL display has been flickering on and off lately, usually it will highlight the gear you're in but as of late, sometimes it won't, and while this is happening the automatic door locks don't function. Is it safe to assume I need a whole new display?

If it's just the PRND indicator going dim, I would try and heat up the solder joints. Just pull the cluster out and pull it apart. My truck did the same thing and it was a cold joint. That's on '03+ electronics though.

If it's just the PRND indicator going dim, I would try and heat up the solder joints. Just pull the cluster out and pull it apart. My truck did the same thing and it was a cold joint. That's on '03+ electronics though.

This. 99-02 clusters are easier to repair than the newer ones. It's usually a cold solder joint on the display itself. The 03+ ones have more issues. :nail:

I'd just send the whole thing to to get rebuilt because the rest of it is gonna go anyway. Plus most do a lifetime warranty so if it ever acts up again it's free to fix.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Would that affect the door locks as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My bet is neutral safety switch. VERY common issue on 01-early 03 ALLISON equipped trucks(some time in 03 they went to a different neutral safety switch that didn't have as many problems). This would effect both your cluster and door locks. It should also put you into limp mode if it is an ALLISON equipped truck.

Funny you mention that.....we're pretty sure the tranny took a fat dump tonight, its in limp mode right now. I'll get that checked this weekend

These are the codes she got

PO875, PO708, PO380, PO700

These are the codes she got

PO875, PO708, PO380, PO700

sounds a lot more like a failed NBSU switch than a junk trans....p0708 is range switch high, ie. NBSU switch.

NBSU switch, range switch, neutral saftey - whatever you want to call it, it's a quick $100 fix VS a $1000 transmission.

Last edited:
Back