Broken G56

95civic2005

4th gear in the G56 let go today. Does anyone know if you can buy just internals for these? I have a friend with a G56 that one of the disc went through the housing, but all the internals are still good. Would it be possible to switch casings? Does anyone know of a good place to get one?

you can get the parts you need through your dealership. you will need the gear and the countershaft. done it a few times. the gear is around 360 and the countershaft is about 850 unless the prices have went up

you can get the parts you need through your dealership. you will need the gear and the countershaft. done it a few times. the gear is around 360 and the countershaft is about 850 unless the prices have went up

Ouch, you can buy all the internals for an NV4500 for about 1000-1500.

I would take all the parts out of the G56 with the bad casing and put them in yours. I like my g56 better than either of my buddies NV's

Im sure you could find parts cheaper somewhere other than the dealer. I will never buy anything from the dealer with their 250% markup

Thanks for the replies guys. If I can get my buddies trans for pretty cheap, which I think I can, I am just going to swap internals or 4th gear. I REALLY don't have the money to buy a NV5600.

I have a perfectly good g56 for sale, and I have one that is well..... slightly worn haha

I have a nv 5600 for sale also..

#2 The counter shaft is $1250 and 4th is like $430. You must buy the hole counter shaft they say.. They say that you cant service the counter shaft.. but i know better....

4th gear in the G56 let go today. Does anyone know if you can buy just internals for these? I have a friend with a G56 that one of the disc went through the housing, but all the internals are still good. Would it be possible to switch casings? Does anyone know of a good place to get one?

That sucks man, let me know if ya need a hand, i've had mine in and out a few times!:nail:

I have a perfectly good g56 for sale, and I have one that is well..... slightly worn haha

Send me a PM is you want to sell the "good" one.

I have a nv 5600 for sale also..

#2 The counter shaft is $1250 and 4th is like $430. You must buy the hole counter shaft they say.. They say that you cant service the counter shaft.. but i know better....

Those prices are a bit steep. Why do they have to put rediculous price tags on parts these days?

That sucks man, let me know if ya need a hand, i've had mine in and out a few times!:nail:

Thanks man! I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know if we can use some help when we pull it out. Not too sure when that will be though. BTW you have a very sharp truck. I have seen it around Florence several times, and thought to myself I believe that is Sniper off of cummins forum and CompD. I used to have a 05 that was maroon with silver at the bottom.

Over on CF, somebody broke 4th gear in their G56 like the OP did and instead of fixing the trans, he swapped in a NV5600. He told me he couldn't be happier. Here is the link to his swap thread:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/189458-bought-5600-a.html

Scott

thats a good friend of mine, he says he loves the new tranny. he had to shorten his rear driveshaft and lengthen his front and some other things were changed but it didn't turn out too bad from what he's said. i haven't been able to see it yet. all of the info from his swap should be in that thread over there.

I would sell some one my set up all I would want is your drive shafts and cross member

I may be able to get you better prices on G56 parts if you know exactly what you need.

Call me at PDP 715-254-1833

Hmm you have probably seen me running around Florence as well. Have a pic of your truck? Sorry for the derail.

Hmm you have probably seen me running around Florence as well. Have a pic of your truck? Sorry for the derail.

Ask and you shall receive.
100_0259.jpg

Yeah I've seen you around. Sharp truck I like those wheels. There is another one like yours that use to run around with stacks and a caution light on the roof.

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen you around. Sharp truck I like those wheels. There is another one like yours that use to run around with stacks and a caution light on the roof.

Yeah, I know the other truck too. I actually know the guy who drives it and I went to high school with him.

thats a good friend of mine, he says he loves the new tranny. he had to shorten his rear driveshaft and lengthen his front and some other things were changed but it didn't turn out too bad from what he's said. i haven't been able to see it yet. all of the info from his swap should be in that thread over there.

Yeah, him and I talked extensively about the swap via PM over on CF. I'm glad he went that route because I knew it was a matter of time before someone would do this swap after FUBARing the G56 one too many times.

Scott

Back