broken housing around oil feed on silver bullet

powermad

trevor
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/jeaninebull/IMG_4283.jpg

if anyone from industrial injection reads this can you please tell me if this has happened before! i was swapping turbos from a 12v to 24v and as i was finishing everything up and tightening the oil feed line this happened!!!! i made almost 4 full rotation with the bolt then the damn thing just crumbled like a cookie. it wasnt cross threaded and it was the correct thread size. the bolt wasnt even starting to feel tight. is this something that can be a defect? i know it wasnt a error on my part there had to be something wrong with the casting?will industrial injection fix this or is it now my problem and im up chit creek without a paddle:bang:bang:bang

Call them in the morning. Im sure they'll replace the center section for ya. How old is the turbo?

i was told it is around 2 years old. it came off a 12 valve with 500 hp. do you think i will have to pay for a new housing?

first off do you even notice what time it is??? do you think ANYONE from industrial let alone only a few people on compd are awake and on the computer at this moment?? you are probably out of luck cause you are out of the warranty period, but you never know,

well your on.LOL i dont really sleep and i dont think the phone rings when a post is made on a forum so i dont think im disturbing anyone lol. man this sucks i just bought the turbo from the guys at browns diesel. they told me they would build a custom oil line to fit but im just worried because how easy it broke off. i just hope when i get the thing running it wont shatter into a million pieces.:bang

Back