Broken injection line

BigBadDodge

This makes for one heck of mess under the hood :(

Anybody ever see the whole line separate at the ball? I have cracked lines before but nothing like this. Probably from repeated over tightening I am sure.

Ad_187_12.jpg

BBD

I wish you would get that junk pile done right instead of doing everything half a$$ all the time. :hehe:

i saw one on a 24v break off at the cross over tube fuel every where

Guess you should have anodized them too... they felt left out and threw a tantrum! LOL

Ball bound in the nut and but a torsional load on the line. Seen an old mechanic put a few drops of oil on the backside of the balls one time and he told me it stops the lines from failing from that very thing.

I see we have few comedians in the house :)

my wife certainly isn't laughing as she spent a good portion of the morning cleaning it up :)

Might have to try that drop of oil trick, makes total sense.

my wife certainly isn't laughing as she spent a good portion of the morning cleaning it up :) :hehe::hehe::hehe: I love it.

She is my only pit crew member :) some time she does good, some times she doesn't. This would be good:)

Actully I would have helped but I was removing the line measuring it and calling to place an order.

BBD

:poke:as you took the line off did you dribble all over were she just cleanned

Cant remember who my brother ordered his new lines though but they told him because he was not running clamps it is probably why his broke. #6 at the head and no clap i could see a lil problem there.

the ol lady cleans it up eh? man, i gotta find me a girl like that when i buy a pulling truck this winter!

Cant remember who my brother ordered his new lines though but they told him because he was not running clamps it is probably why his broke. #6 at the head and no clap i could see a lil problem there.

Clamps stabilize the lines, a must have!

Jim

Yep. I use anti-seize between the tube and inside of the nut instead of oil but it's the same idea.

I see we have few comedians in the house :)

my wife certainly isn't laughing as she spent a good portion of the morning cleaning it up :)

Might have to try that drop of oil trick, makes total sense.

RED LUCAS #2 GREASE...... COVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! it does wonders i swear.. coat the taper, coat the threads, coat the inside of the nut where it rides on the line, injector washers, injectors on DV holders EVERYTHING!!!! LOL

Red Lucas #2 is fortified with anti-seize, so everything tightens and comes apart nicey-nice

been using grease on fuel system parts since i was knee-high to a grasshopper

This makes for one heck of mess under the hood

Had that same very thing happen to me late last Fall one night driving home from work.I noticed I had some fuild getting on the windshield and I couldn't figure out from where.Upon stopping on the side of the interstate I realized it was coming from under my hood as it was down the left side of the truck and sprayed on the cowl and blowing everywhere.Talk about a mess as I has no extra lines with me and I was only 5 minutes from the house so when I seen the mess I just shut the hood and limped it home.

Mine were Scheid stainless lines and they were clamped properly and yet it still broke.I never heard of the oil deal that Don mentions,may try that next time.

RED LUCAS #2 GREASE...... COVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! it does wonders i swear.. coat the taper, coat the threads, coat the inside of the nut where it rides on the line, injector washers, injectors on DV holders EVERYTHING!!!!

EGADS Ron!!!!!...
Your scaring me as that sounds like a mell of a hess to clean up....LOL....Andy

i meant o-rings on dv holders btw LOL

don't worry any i clean everything up nice.. picasso can't keep anything clean, everything leaks, lol

i have seen 5 p pump 24 vavle lines do the same thing. all on the same truck and never the same cyl.

picasso can't keep anything clean, everything leaks, lol

LOL...LOL

Yes BUT....
He is the absolute MASTER of the spray bomb paint can....LOL

Back