Broken Rocker shaft

seriousdiesel

Anyone experienced a broken rocker shaft on a stock truck? I just fixed this truck a few weeks ago for a customer from an over rev courtesy of a healthy shot of ether. I put in new pushrods, and tore down the front cover, replaced the cam and crank pins, put new buttons on the valve bridges, and 10 new pushrods. The truck ran about 250 mi and came back with some noise like a bent pushrod. I tore it down and all the Pushrods are straight, however the rocker shaft is in 4 pieces. Anyone ever experience this? Anyone ever have stuck valves in a Duramax? I sure dont wanna put this truck back together, only to have it happen again.

Have seen stuck valves but never a broken rockershaft. I would check the valve stems vey good as them may have gotten bent on the over rev problem.

iv seen a broken shaft one time, id check the valves for being bent and sticking in the guides. You still have my number Nathan?

Johnboy had the broken rocker shaft right? I used ARP studs to hopefully limit movement in my build

No Caleb I dont have it, if you would PM it I'd appreciate it. Ill look at the valves, man I dont want to tear into this damn thing again.....

Back