Bronze cam retainer.

RonA

I made a batch of these for F1 diesel 10-12 years ago in exchange for his fancy camshaft. Turned out very nice unlike the piece of **** cam that started flaking and had to be replaced in less than 500 miles. $5 and shipping to get it out of my sight. Very nice looking part, even if it's just a paperweight.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 0
They came out really nice. Expensive to make(the Bronze was a bit pricey).

Sound a little hostile there. On a side note how did you like your 6.7 ppump?

Good idea. Hard to get quality parts. Custom timing housing and cover was $2K and had a gap mice could crawl through, $3k rods were oversized on the width and wiped out the crankshaft. Guy that built the motor should not have attempted it, guy that installed it should go back to selling drugs full time. You know, just a typical build.

Last edited:
Good idea. Hard to get quality parts. Custom timing housing and cover was $2K and had a gap mice could crawl through, $3k rods were oversized on the width and wiped out the crankshaft. Guy that built the motor should not have attempted it, guy that installed it should go back to selling drugs full time. You know, just a typical build.

You seem to have the worst luck with getting a vehicle built! The trucks were before my time here, but I remember some of the gasser stories.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You seem to have the worst luck with getting a vehicle built! The trucks were before my time here, but I remember some of the gasser stories.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Certain things aren't hard(like transmissions), but engines are a different animal entirely.Most builders are junk yard people. Especially LS builders. The internet is full of 1000 hp turbo ls motors that people brag about. 35# of boost making 1000 hp and lasting a very short time. I went with the best people I could find for my Dart Next LS build and ended up with a motor that was improperly clearanced and would have made 1000hp for a VERY short time. I sold it to someone that knew better people and it makes 2600(at the tire on 26# of boost) and is happy doing it. Builder said 3k was just another 4-5psi more if he wanted it.

I'd really like to see someone make cam retainers with a ear that covers the front oil galley freeze plug. Not that blowing them out is a common issue, but it would be awfully simple insurance.

Do you have any hot rods now days?
I found the 6.7 12v was pretty easy to build on my end with a modified stock gear housing. Made great power until the throttle linkage broke and it want to 6700 ish rpm with nitrous on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any hot rods now days?
I found the 6.7 12v was pretty easy to build on my end with a modified stock gear housing. Made great power until the throttle linkage broke and it want to 6700 ish rpm with nitrous on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had it put together with stock parts it would have been a good motor. I liked the improved bottom end and turbo spooling.

Back