Budget 97 12 valve build

austin_o12v

So I bought this truck about 1 year ago with the intention of keeping it mostly stock, after I took it to a dyno event and made 261hp/756ft lbs I got addicted. Since then I've only dynoed one other time and hit the track a couple times running a best of 13.1@104 with a 62mm hx35/40 hybrid 5x.012's, .025 dv's, and a small shot of nitrous and losing the head gasket and melting a piston at the end of the run. Since then i ran a singe 366 and a single 472. After losing another hg with the 472 I decided to build it for 1000+hp. Currently I have a compound set up consisting of a s366 and a ht80(89mm) next to it, ported head, o-ringed block, re-built bottom end, home made big bowl pistons, aeromotive a2000 fed from a home made sump, nitrous express kit, water injection, banks twin ram, .025 dv's, 180 pump with the afc tuned by will terry, undecided on injectors, built trans, and im still trying to figure out what cam/push rod/valve spring set up to use. The interior is gutted and im waiting on a cage and aluminum seats. Once its all said and done I'll be into the truck about $11k including buying the truck. Ill be posting pictures of my progress when i get off work since i cant get any pictures to come up on my work computer haha. Any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
image_zps38c335e3.jpg.html

The fram filter has been trashed haha, i got a great deal on the ht80 so im going to give it a shot and see how it does, if it doesnt spool like ive been told it wont then ill be looking into different charger options.

i will also attempt to take better pictures with my go pro this weekend when i pull the engine for the rebuild

Back