build 2.5 or 2.6

Backwoods

So im getting ready to start tearing into my pulling truck and idk which way to build it.

The way it sit if i put a 2.5 charger on it i think it would be a nasty truck

Or add air/water and do 2.6 and do more machine work to the head

Whats ur guys thoughts? Idk how big 2.5 is gonna be nor their charger rules. But if i build 2.5 and dont meet the class rules ill bump to 2.6 but if ive gotta pull 2.6 might as well be competitive or try to be

I feel like the diesel truck classes are just taking off. I think the class will hang around a bit. Whose to say you won't grow out of the 2.5 class...

So im getting ready to start tearing into my pulling truck and idk which way to build it.

The way it sit if i put a 2.5 charger on it i think it would be a nasty truck

Or add air/water and do 2.6 and do more machine work to the head

Whats ur guys thoughts? Idk how big 2.5 is gonna be nor their charger rules. But if i build 2.5 and dont meet the class rules ill bump to 2.6 but if ive gotta pull 2.6 might as well be competitive or try to be

How big is your pocket book?

Go 3.0, less bullchit rules.
Good idea, driveline issues are pretty much gone. However, your looking at 6k turbos, and I would say add another 10k in the engine over a 20k 2.6 engine program.

Go 2.6 so I wont have to pull against you;)
2.6 is hard to be competitive around here... ..too many good trucks

If i were to start over i wouldnt build a truck i would build a tractor. Cost is the same, no driveline issues, and rules stay the same not change every year like the trucks classes.

I'd say if it's stock, go 2.5 for this year and wait for next year for all the major 2.6 changes. Then if you have the budget build it into a 2.6 truck the year after. That way you'll maybe have some time to play before any more major modifications need to be made. Plus you'll get a little track time with the 2.5 class before moving up.

I pulled 2.5 this year and worked on getting my feet wet and chassis lined out. I'm bumping to 2.6 next year. The nice thing about 2.5 that you can run almost all year with very little carnage. The bad thing is there are not as many venues that have your class. I'm only going to 2.6 because I want to go to more pulls. Here in MO there are only a couple of associations that have 2.5. If I lived in IN where it was big 2.5 is where I would stay. It's also about 20-25k cheaper to play in 2.5.

I'd say if it's stock, go 2.5 for this year and wait for next year for all the major 2.6 changes. Then if you have the budget build it into a 2.6 truck the year after. That way you'll maybe have some time to play before any more major modifications need to be made. Plus you'll get a little track time with the 2.5 class before moving up.

Its not stock not even close lol i just put that to make one of my buddies laugh

I think im gonna do 2.6 and work on my suspension alittle more and play

ahhhhh hahaha how did u know who i was lol.

i am pri gonna do 2.6, ive gotta come up and talk to you tho lol.

Back