Build Advice!!!!!!!

smoker04

ok guys me and my dad had been talking about turning my 04.5 into a 2.6 class puller he resently past away so now i wanna do it for him but i still wanna be able to drive it around once in awhile. what should i do to make it reliabe and strong and to be competative. im thinking of these parts so far
balanced 12v rods
coated pistons
cam
200hp injectors
head fire ringed and ported
625 head studs
gorrila girdle
dual cp3s

any advice guys will help

Why don't you just clip your 475 from your twins down to a 2.6 and get some bigger sticks. See where your at then go from there

I had thought about doin that just wanted it to be strong enough for the abuse.

I guess it all depends on what HP level you need to be at to compete out there but I'm assuming you already have studs and everything else in your sig seems to be good other than getting some bigger sticks to get that charger spooled and keep it for 300+

if you can sell the g56 for a nv45 before the 56 scatters and get a built 410 rear end

if you can sell the g56 for a nv45 before the 56 scatters and get a built 410 rear end

04.5s Didnt come with a G56, he should have a NV5600 which will b just fine.

If it were me...

Oringed head w/ extensive P&P work and shaved intake.
110 Springs, Billet push rods, 188/220 Cam
New aged studs
QSB 480 Pistons
300hp+ 03-04 Nozzles
Polished, peened, and Cryoed 12v rods
Balanced bottom end with ARP main studs and rod bolts.

Valair Triple Disk Clutch.

ED Custom 2.6 charger with a larger 2nd gen style manifold.

Smarty SSR Tuning.

Just get the good studs and run a stock gasket. Dont o ring or fire ring a cr.

Stock mls gasket with good studs is a good setup, why make it more difficult then it needed to be.

was that a streetable/competitive 2.6 truck i dont recall ever seeing one!! maybe 2.5 is the class you want if thats an option around there. but in indiana you pull 2.6 you better be having about 1100hp to the crank if you want the gold!! IMO but if your going to no name brush pulls these guys got you on the correct track.... good luck!!

I was just curious about keeping it streetable but I want tone able to hold my own in a pull

It just a competitive class not trying to bust anyone's balls but you don't see many street 2.6 trucks that run top 3 not saying it can't be done but it will take a lot! What state are you pulling in?

And that is getting pretty competitive around here now days. Not too many of the dedicated pullers are street trucks. There is only 1 organazation around here TTTPA and they have a 2.8 class nothing else.

Back