build opinions please

wannabehero

hey guys
after dd'ing my truck for the past year with whats in my sig im thinking its time to build her up. ill be pulling the motor out this spring to regasket and clean up once i get my 67 up and running so i have a vehicle

im either going to use my head or get another and send it out to make sure its true and get o rings - i need to find someone one to do this because none of the machine shops i use will cut o rings for me.

i have a borgwarner bht3b with a 26mm exhaust housing that i want to use in twins. im unsure what to use as a top turbo...an hx35 or a s3xx. im leaning towards an s3xx because ill wind up running it as a single for a bit with the fuel pulled back while i save for the twin piping. what size is recommended?

5x18 injectors
024 delivery valves (maybe)
extreme studs
airdog 2 165 or fass...unsure on this one
alligator or hellmann sump
18.5*timing

if theres anything im missing let me know and im open to suggestions.

this truck is purely a street toy. no pulling. no drag strip. it may see a boat behind it if i can get off my ass and rebuild the small block in it.

57/65 S300 and go from there, all are better than an HX-35 in both size, design and durabilty....it's all about $! Also a box stock 475 is hard to beat even though you have the 3B.

Jim

I know an s400 frame is superior but the ht3b is brand spankin new and cost me next to nothing thanks to my parts guy messing an order up.

a quick spooling 650 I'd say, its all going to be limited to the setup you choose.

I also vote ditching the HT for a s400 based charger

This will all be done in stages so im not so worried about a budget

How much would a brand new in box ht3b be worth?

Last edited:
62mm S300 with either 65mm or 68mm turbine, no problems making that power with a 3B. Either a 5x0.014" or 5x0.016" would service that power level, but I would run a bit more timing. I would also look at running a bit larger delivery valve, the reverse cams in the early pumps benefit quite a bit from more fuel.

What delivery valves would you recommend?

Hows this plan look

s362 over ht3b
5x16s
024s (or whatever is recommended)
20* timing (will this still be startable at below freezing temps?)
ad2 or an assasain - either way i want to be running 40psi at idle
extreme studs and o rings
fuel sump

whos injectors are recommended now adays?

Listen to "Smokem", he knows his sh*t.

If i brought another set of injectors, it would be from him.

Back