Build thoughts...Opinions Please

buzzinhalfdozen

The Village Idiot
Ok guys, I sold the 2nd gen and bought a 07 5.9 mega dually 4x4 with an auto. The main purpose of the truck is to tow roughly a 10k pound race trailer every weekend. I want a truck that is first and foremost able to tow without blacking out the sun or insane EGTs. The truck will also play at the track from time to time and be hooked to the sled a couple times a year. This is why I decided to go full billet with the trans.

The plan is as follows:

Full billet Georend 48re with constant pressure VB and triple disc converter. DD pan and billet flexplate.

TURBOLVR twin kit from DieselAutoPower using a 62/65/14 over a S475 1.32.

ARP 2000's (Dont really feel the 625's are worth the extra $)

Tunnel Ram Intake

Banks High Ram (Came on truck)

Airdog2 165 kit

120 hp tips

Arson 3 kit

3 pc 2nd gen manifold

Coolant By-pass

Smarty/MP8 Stack

IC boot's

Gauges are already installed on the truck, but will be adding RP to the mix.

The exhaust is still up in the air on what I want. I am leaning towards a 5 inch kit from FBD as I was pleased with the last kit I purchased from them. I am completely over the stack thing so that isnt happening again.

Like I said guys the truck has to be a reliable tow rig so if any of this throws a red flag please chime in. Thanks.

Reece

Bigger on the secondary turbine wheel/ 68mm/ smaller on the tips or modified pump/ just run smarty no other stack/ maybe even smaller on the AD.

I would run 90's with just a arson III, I know people run more but that's just me. I would go bigger on your injection pump and just have one built, that's alot of air for just a basically stock CP3.

Congratulations on the upgrade. A stock over s475 will support 600HP nicely without too much drive pressure. Port the wastegate and get it up to 625/650HP max, More than that and you will want the s300

Congratulations on the upgrade. A stock over s475 will support 600HP nicely without too much drive pressure. Port the wastegate and get it up to 625/650HP max, More than that and you will want the s300

62/65 is an s300

He may not need to spend the extra $$ for an s300 62/65 or otherwise if he is staying under 600 or 650HP w/wastegate mods and assuming is his he351 turbine wheel is not warped from all the heat 3rd gens put to it while bragging that the stock turbo alone will support 600HP (that's why there are not many he351 turbos available on the used market because they get thrashed)

If he wants to save some money the stocker may fit his needs. Just trying to help him save a few $$ and talk him out of a sale:doh: Guess I'm not a good salesman:hehe:

Why the big turbine and housing on the s475 if the main purpose is to tow? Check out my recent thread regarding "83/74 turbine primaries".

Arson 3 won't be enough fuel to take full advantage of the 120's. I'd go with an edge ez for pressure. ( I had the mp-8). The bypass is a smart idea (I've been through lots of freeze plugs). Consider a rail plug or a modded relief valve. For towing, you can't beat the performance of an aftermarket cam. Look into diesel pros, colt, helix/f-1.

You might also consider a t-4 manifold, even if you neck down to a t-3 on your secondary charger.

If you port the wastegate on the He351, it's common to make just over 700 HP with He351 over S475 compound turbo setup.

Back