Build thread time.

Not yet, dad pulled the head while I was at school today. I made a piston stop last night out of an old injector, long story short, after it broke off and landed on top of the piston we couldn't get it out. So, new HG should be here tomorrow...

So I helped dad reinstall the head this evening, got it all together and no compression, it was a fire ring HG and dad didn't catch it apparently when he was installing it. So I pulled the head back off and now we need to get an o-ring HG.

Got it all put back together with the right gasket, fired right up, no problems. Now I need to crank the timing down a ways and make a girdle for my rocker pedestals. Those things move a lot with that 220/240 pushin on em. This thing runs awesome guys. I am not disappointed one bit. It spools crazy fast. I ran it normal the other day, it was about 35 degrees outside, I drove it for a good 50 minutes and the intake horn was freezing cold. The cold pipe was cold too. My EGT's hardly get over 800 just driving around. This thing is nice, then I have 75psi worth of throttle on tap. haha

Wait until this thing is together for more than a day at a time and I'll get some vids and stuff on it. lol

I took the timing down a bit today because I couldn't convince dad that too much timing wasn't the problem. Like I figured, it runs like crap, dropped boost by about 10psi and pops even worse. Sooo I'm gonna jack the timing back up tomorrow and maybe even add a little more.

Added a little more timing, runs better, doesn't hardly pop except free revving it up to around 3,000 or so, it doesn't do that so bad under a load.

Also, I bought some Dick Cepek FCII's, 315/75/16's. Smoothest riding tire I have ever had, they're quite too, they are nice.

Takin' the stacks off tomorrow.

4A2493A2-40CF-423E-996B-7473014FDD6A-644-000000E83E833753_zpsaeba9a57.jpg

5290F626-7414-4FCC-AF7E-2C5923E0664E-644-000000E835AF18FE_zps7d4a9e53.jpg

Also, I have lost about 3psi or so after my head gasket change. I used a Felpro because it was all I could get at the time, I was in a hurry. I do believe it was the tiniest bit thicker, I figure that's my problem since everything else is the same if not better.

Back