build your own clutch?

Drasko

Ok guys, I'm kind of interested in putting my own clutch together. I'm wanting to use parts from McLeod and go for a 3 disk or maybe a dual if a tripple is too much.

So my question is, who builds their own clutches on here and what have you tried and what's worked? What parts from McLeod do you use? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Drasko

Talk to CPmac on this forum. He built my old twin disk with Mcloed disks. It worked very well.

Is cpmac also known as Craig macalfresh if that's how its spelled? I'd like for him to build it or hell ill buy the parts and build it myself. I'd just rather not spend 4000 on a damn clutch I'm gonna burn up lol.

Is cpmac also known as Craig macalfresh if that's how its spelled? I'd like for him to build it or hell ill buy the parts and build it myself. I'd just rather not spend 4000 on a damn clutch I'm gonna burn up lol. Does anybody have part numbers for the McLeod parts that haisley uses?

I would be careful in building your own clutch to use for pulling. Most pulls are going to require a SFI rating on the clutch.

im meaning put together by me with SFI approved parts like everyone else does for example haisley(who does do a lil machining). those are mostly McLeod pats that are already SFI approved!!

To get it SFI approved you must submit samples of the entire clutch for testing. This process is very expensive and time consuming. I would just save yourself the trouble and buy a clutch from a supporting vender. I have had great dealings with South Bend Clutch.

peter has a damn good product and i will always run his products! i just want to find a route towards a 3 or 4 disc with iron in it for my pulling truck. hell his pressure plate and floaters would work or me. im just trying to find a way around $4500 on a clutch. for that matter my truck only cost me $2500 lol.......................... plus i like to build my own stuff and building a clutch and dialing it in on my own seems like fun!!

call kennys pulling parts.i believe his 3 disc is under $3000.i think you will spend too much money tring to do it your self.

Kennys triple is $2400. They are nice due to that you dont have to run anu spacers or longer input to make them work. They fit in the stock bellhousing. Or so I have heard.

We can now build the triple to fit without any major mods. Just thought I would throw that in. :)

Peter

Now to just find a sponsor to pay for a triple disk that hopefully i wont tear up!

My bellhousing and stuff is already modded for a triple...

TJ go triple you will like it. Alot!

I put the SB Dmax triple in my truck. I like it! Drives better then my dual disk, Holds great, and I have finished in the money everytime since!:rockwoot:

Back