Building a DODGE transmission...

angelic0-

So... this is what i have:

RH46 from a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 360 Gasser...

BUILT 727 from a 1990 Dodge Ram D350 Cummins

Is it possible to take the "built" parts from the 727 and install them on the RH46 to make the RH46 useable with the Cummins ?

Can i use the TC from the 727 with the RH46?

I've been reading back and forth and i see most parts are interchange-able with a A518 (RH46?) and a RH48...

What are the differences between a RH46 from a Gasser and a RH46 from a Diesel Dodge Truck ???

Hope i get some real answers as this will be a Do-It-Myself project, and i'm thinking if all the internals from the RH46 are good (wich they should be, recently rebuilt, but since... bashed on) that i add clutches and make this all work together...

Thanks in advance guys...

and don't tell me to read the DIY thread... as i've already gone through it looking for info...

The gasser version has lockup where as the A518 and 727 diesel versions are not. So the torque converter will not interchange.

The internals between them might interchange but idk if the governors will or the hard parts as on has OD. I would think they would.

So... say i had a A518 housing from a Cummins...

Could i use the converter from the gasser tranny to make it have lock-up ?

Could the overdrive off the back of the A518/RH46 be implemented on the 727 ??

No and no from what my tranny guy told me I wanted a lockup 727 for my mud truck apparently there are certain holes cast in the 47 that are not in the 727/518 to command lockup in the converter

The stall of the convertor and the governor in the transmission is different between gas and diesel.

i need to modify the governor anyway....

i would like the trans to shift @ 3800rpm or so..

Back