Built E4OD vs 4R100?

12v Ford

I know a 4r100 is pretty much a e4od with updated parts, but is a fully race built 4r100 and e4od the same thing? Does the built e4od get the updated parts of the 4r100 and is the case any better on the 4r100?

I'm just planning on how I want to build an obs for drag racing with a 12v cummins. Maybe I should use a built dodge tranny although I hate dodge trannys?

If your going to mess with any of the 2 transmissions go to BTS Brian over ther I hear is one of the best with the 4r100 and e4od, You don't have to use a Dodge tranny if you don't want to. I heard in the past a few Dodge guys going with BTS trans.

i have a 4r100 in mine that i built at the same time i did the swap, have about 1600 in it including triple disk converter and it shifts awesome, no problems with it, it cost more to do with the adapters and all, but i hate the 47rh dodge tranny my doner truck had.

I'm still contemplating the 4r100, but alot of guys are suggesting the 47rh. I've never really liked the dodge trannies. I've always been a ford guy and the cummins is ok with me because they're their own company. Now if dodge built cummins motors, that would suck:banned:.

E4OD has a thicker bellhousing than the 4R100 but it has 1 less speed sensor than the 4r has. Both will work with the PCS trans controller.

47 RH all the way, HTS builds a sweet trans, my first swap in the 79 I used a 4r100 and baumanator, not impressed at all, also tried a stick with a twin disk, I would not trade my HTS for nothing.

47 RH all the way, HTS builds a sweet trans, my first swap in the 79 I used a 4r100 and baumanator, not impressed at all, also tried a stick with a twin disk, I would not trade my HTS for nothing.

That controller was the problem, not the trans.

Nothing wrong with a Baumann controller, in fact they work awesome if you know how to set one up right.

Just to add I'm not a genius, but I worked with my Baumann for 6 months and still couldn't get them to help me get it running and Joe Hellman messed with the same controller for a while on another truck, and still couldn't get it to run right. Costumer support is below poor. I would never suggest them to my worst enemy. After all I tried to do to get it to work and couldn't they could at least bought it back. There is something wrong with Baumann, Get a PCS. Top notch company. Just FYI. And Richard nothning against you your a stand up guy.$.02

Just an update.

I got a truck and I'm going with the 4r100 and a pcs controller. The truck has a 460 and auto right now. It's a 95 cc 4x4 srw lb. It's a little too heavy for a drag truck, but it'll do for a street/strip/fun truck. I've got other plans for a drag truck in the future:evil

I'm going to have John Woods do the tranny because he's closer than Brian's.

Back