Bulletproof Front end

Spectre32

Welding Extraordinaire!
What is required to make the front end unbreakable in these GM IFS trucks?

A truck we work with has broken the passenger side outer an inch in from the nut and the inner stub axle. This stuff is way beyond tie rod sleeves and support braces. I will have video linked up of it soon.

I'm just trying to figure out what my next truck is going to be. I'm wanting to see how much $$ its going to take. I dont have a issue with any of the diesel trucks, but GM has the double edged sword. Its not a cheap tranny to upgrade(then again neither are the others) but also needing the front end beefed up too.

well i think the front end is no big deal for a but 650 bucks for the sleeves, braces, and crank it up diesel centrelink its fairly reasonable. I havent heard of any axle problems with the front end dropped.

I'm just trying to figure out what my next truck is going to be. I'm wanting to see how much $$ its going to take. I dont have a issue with any of the diesel trucks, but GM has the double edged sword. Its not a cheap tranny to upgrade(then again neither are the others) but also needing the front end beefed up too.

just get the super diesel kit with the center link and tie rods sleves and i have not had a problem since i have installed them

Unbreakable only has one meaning. Doing just the items mentioned above would not reach that level. Sure that will keep your tires pointed in the right directions, but offers nothing as far as the amount of horsepower you can put to the ground and keep front axle parts in tact. As the D-max's continue to make more power, more parts need to be considered as weak links. The question is really how far are you going to take it?

Eh not to far. I was planning on making 550-650 at the rear and then be done with it.

well i have broke the front end once i blew a shaft apart when i was in a tug o truck. the truck rose past center and broke. as long as your not thinking it's a dana 60 you will be ok. that means lauching hard when pulling like power braking trying to get the charger lit off the line. in drag racing i have launch mine more than once over 2400 rpms never broke anything so what did they do with the truck to blow the front end apart?

Well if i'm dumping the money into parts I might as well not half ass it so i'm gonna spend it once and never look at it again. That why i want something unbreakable.... if there is such a thing.

ill see if i can find some billet cv joints i think i saw some before

Does PPE make anything?? OR will I be paying through the nose?

i have the super diesel stuff, worked for me. i am at 600 or so, and i have broke more in the rear than in the front, come to think of it, i havent broke anything in the front!

Another one for Super Diesels centerlink & sleeves, could also go for a Super steer idler pivot.

Back