Bump stops

svinson5004x4

Any one know the trick to running bump stops ever time I run them I hop so bad and have to let out I have an 01 vp truck 4:10s and a 6 speed and 33" truxus I pull 5th gear low with no problems It's a top 3 spot truck in work stock I have traction bars on it also I usesed to be able to run them years ago before I put any kinda real power to the truck now I can't run them thanks for any input

What tire pressure do you run? Work stock so do you have to a minimum amount of suspension travel??

Try ratcheting the front end down, have a few guys bounce on it while u strap it down.. ie, big strap around axle and springs to compress the springs... post a pic of your current stop setup also..

More tire pressure in the rear. What do you run your fronts at?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Try ratcheting the front end down, have a few guys bounce on it while u strap it down.. ie, big strap around axle and springs to compress the springs... post a pic of your current stop setup also..

That doesn't sounds like a very good idea. I know a couple guys who have tried this and it doesn't end well (lots of broken parts). Id adjust the tire pressure and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your trying to run to high of a gear myself...I have seen it work but you really have to slip the clutch out to get the speed you need and not have it bounce. I also don't like seeing these dodge front ends strapped down.

I think your trying to run to high of a gear myself...I have seen it work but you really have to slip the clutch out to get the speed you need and not have it bounce. I also don't like seeing these dodge front ends strapped down.

What he said, Id try some more psi in the rear tires as well.

Ok, sorry for the strapping idea, I've seen it work quite well on a few 6.4 and 6.7 ford's.. I personally have leaf spring front with 1600# on the front so that suggestion was from what I have seen.. discover regard that idea than...

I do agree with trying a lower gear and messing with tire pressure ' that can make a big difference

I have ran second high and always lost 5 to 10 foot on myself I don't have the RPM the spin in a lower gear I run a big gear with no problems and my clutch is capable of being slippedand plus I have other work done to it the truck is just a pulling truck nothing else I run 25 pounds in the fronts i'll try more air in the back and give it a whirl

That doesn't sounds like a very good idea. I know a couple guys who have tried this and it doesn't end well (lots of broken parts).

Not a good idea at all. We tried it once on someones advice. We were running an automatic and when it shifted to 2nd the front wheels came about a foot off the ground. Broke the left rear axle and R&P. The strap holding the weights on the bracket broke strewing weights all over the track. Won't be doing that again.

without the stops, you are probably losing hitch height, thus reducing traction, allowing the taller gear to be run. just a thought...

Seems like a pretty high gear to run with 4.10s and with those tires. Ever think of putting 4.88. Might be able to spin the tires off a little easier? Just my thoughts. What kind of RPMs are you turning?

Sometimes it takes the big gear to win though...I will say that a vp44 truck will take 4:10 better than most setups. I agree that the reason it doesn't hop without the stops is because your losing traction.

I'll get some pictures in a little bit. They bolt to factoy bump stocks and sit on the spacer block for the rear. power is not an Issue they truck has a lot of work don't to it I'll leave It at that too many ears on here. Theirs a pull tonight I'm gonna try to pump the back tires up and walk it out in the big gear the vps don't have the rpm to run lower gears that's the problem

Pumping the back tires up and walking it out to 75' worked with haning weight still hops badly without weight haning out the front any ideas

Pumping the back tires up and walking it out to 75' worked with haning weight still hops badly without weight haning out the front any ideas

I've had adding dual front shocks help, don't know if you already running a dual setup but it might help in your situation.

Back