busted trans!!

edgaryz3

Stalled it up sum and launched it got just a little wheel hop n this happens:bang
1468533_609707892411805_1828267946_n.jpg

1531610_609707819078479_1804257035_n.jpg

yea I dunno didn't braek the bolts, I don't understand how it busted the case when the sprag didn't move. ah its a 727, work on getting a 47rh to replace it. at least I can use my billet servos n stuff in the 47. gotta a lot of goodies in this one hop I can use most of it in the other.

ive read thread after thread and no one mentions bolt in sprags for the 47rh, I only found one place that sells them that was SMR. when I rebuild the 47 I would like to have one, u guys now of any other companys having them??

I need to start a thread of my build I gotta ton of pics building it!!

any one run a patc triple disc TC, looks like they would be pretty good. or should I just stick with a goerand??

well got the 47rh home today and torn down, looked really nice inside. gonna get seals tomorrow already have plates n disc, should be and easy build back. im just gonna put a steel front planet and billet input. guess im just gonna with goerand on the TC. what does anyone think of like a 2000 stall??

got started on the new trans, od is already done just getting the front half set up.
gottem stacked in there running bout 60 thou on em, got 6 fibers stuck in there, and 5 in the forward clutch.

trans002_zpse989c520.jpg

Billet servos both rear and front and accumulator

trans003_zpsd640253b.jpg

trans005_zps835fcda1.jpg

trans006_zps948c1565.jpg

trans012_zps3e636f10.jpg

stacked up to check endplay, set trans on a big socket so all the shafts fall all the way to the back of the trans

trans008_zps9f53e3b5.jpg

trans007_zps45bc6bc4.jpg

used a hose clamp around input and used a pry bar to bring it up

trans009_zps383b4888.jpg

pretty happy with that endplay, was pretty wide at first sumwhere in the 80's I had to double stack 2 washers between the intermediate and input shaft to get what I have. I got the gear endplay at around 23. also I have a pile of the fiber washers in different thicknesses I could change between the pump or between the clutch packs instead of using the 2 washers. kinda feel like that drum is riding just a little high up on the shell, but dunno maybe someone can chime in.

trans011_zpscc5df610.jpg

also got a wide rigid front band

trans013_zps29ca3f87.jpg

also steel front planet from patc

trans004_zpsf66c25fc.jpg

now im just waiting for the new sonnax input shaft to come in and I can button up the insides, will rechecked endplay again after I install the new input. wouldn't think its gonna change much though.

Did you have any issues double stacking your washers and getting the spline engagement of the planet and clutches to work out? IE one of the clutches not fall off the splines on the planet?
Also isn't .060 kind of tight for 6 clutches in the front clutch?

yea I don't have too much left on that last disc just enough to engage and not fall off. im still debating and putting a thicker fibber washer between the pump and front clutch and a thicker one between the 2 packs and take out that washer. i was running 10 thousand per disc. its a loose 60 but i can change the snap ring an get upper 70's witch is what i ran in my 727 and it worked fine. im running just a fuzz over 30 on the forward clutch

called goerand today to order a convertor but there backed up and said they would call me later, so i dunno bout that. still tryin to figure out sumthin on a VB goerand doesn't offer what i want and suncoast is like 900 bucks for the full manual reverse pattern. crazy the 727 VB is only like 200 bucks, just because of OD and LU it goes up 700 bucks!!

called goerand today to order a convertor but there backed up and said they would call me later, so i dunno bout that. still tryin to figure out sumthin on a VB goerand doesn't offer what i want and suncoast is like 900 bucks for the full manual reverse pattern. crazy the 727 VB is only like 200 bucks, just because of OD and LU it goes up 700 bucks!!

I *think* I heard that Darren Morrison does reverse pattern VB's? Can somebody back me up??

I've heard that if you boost up and let of to stage again it causes the drum and sprang to no be tight and this can happen, did that make sense????

I loved the reverse manual in my 69 charger but went forward Manual in my rcsb with the tf4od kit (pree sure that's the number) for the 47rh it feels safer being able to hit neutral if need be

I loved the reverse manual in my 69 charger but went forward Manual in my rcsb with the tf4od kit (pree sure that's the number) for the 47rh it feels safer being able to hit neutral if need be

TFOD-3 is transgo's full manual kit.

I would probably rethink the 2 washers stacked with the 5 forward clutch pack, that to me is asking for issues.

I know there has to be someone that does them, but ive search all over the internet with little luck

I have searched a lot and called many companies in the only people that I found that do it is Suncoast I'm not hundred percent sure on Darren but I think he just does regular pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back