Buying compounds off eBay

Buy it. The Asians really know their stuff when it comes to thermodynamics.:rockwoot:
I'm not buying it for that reason.....I'm half asain and no nothing about thermodynamics hahahaha LOL If was a toshiba or pisa****su turbo then maybe haha

Disclaimer: I'm not telling the truth.

I'm not buying it for that reason.....I'm half asain and no nothing about thermodynamics hahahaha LOL If was a toshiba or pisa****su turbo then maybe haha

Two years ago when I lived in Utah I called up the manufacturer of that kit and he told me that center section and compress/turbine wheels are true borg warner parts. He said that the exhaust turbine housing is his own design and it is custom cast. The hotpipe is made of cast iron and I believe it is cast in China so there's a good chance the exhaust housing is cast there as well.

Basically, the parts of the turbo that matter are true Borg Warner and all the others are "off brand." He has kits for both 3rd gen and 2nd gen. Obviously that ebay listing has a few typos.

I've been running this kit for about 7 months and 4k miles. My drive pressure is 1:1 on 50psi boost. Like stated above (post 22) on the parts.

I was told by a reliable source that I have to be careful on boost 'cuz of bad dp but after I finally hooked up my gauge and then adjusted the wg to where it's 1:1.

When installing I found that on the oil return line, could be heated up with propane torch and fine adjustment/bending to better line up.

The kit doesn't come with a brkt/support for the bottom turbo so I made my own to ensure no exh. leaks or cracking the man. from the weight. I talked to the owner (brad) and he still insist that it don't need one. I feel that it does.

I haven't been to a dyno yet, but she moves pretty good. I kinda know how it feels to have some power, look at my photos if you can.

I can't even leave the line on any boost without breaking the back tires loose and smokin' thru the 60'. I need to get a pair of slicks/wheels and see how much that'll improve traction on hopefully at least 5# boost launch. So rolling into it, going thru the 1/8th with 80mph trap speed so far.

Oh, the size of the top turbo is 65/12/65 and bottom is 74/26/76.

If any ?? on my kit just ask, I like 'em....but have only the stock turbo to compare to.

I think he meant 62mm compressor, 65mm turbine, and 12cm exhaust housing.

It only makes sense to cast the hot pipe. I'll bet cast holds in the heat better and it's got to be cheaper to mass produce cast vs. custom fab work off a jig.

some have liked the kit - some havent

You could do a wickeds twins kit for around the same money

I'd rather just buy the an ats manifold, an s364/s480 and make my own kit.

S364/S480 is in a completely different league of twin turbo charging. The DPS twin kit probably has a max flow of 85-90 lbs per minute.

A 364/480 kit probably has a max flow of 115 lbs per minute.

What are you trying to build, a land speed record truck or a quick set of twins that will spool fast and make useable-streetable HP?

I know there very different, but yes I just want a badass daily driver that I can sled pull with at fairs or local pulls. My buddy daily drives his truck with only a k31 and I know a few people who spool up a silver bullet no problem. I'd figure with a decent amount of fuel an s364/s480 wouldn't be too slow.

I know there very different, but yes I just want a badass daily driver that I can sled pull with at fairs or local pulls. My buddy daily drives his truck with only a k31 and I know a few people who spool up a silver bullet no problem. I'd figure with a decent amount of fuel an s364/s480 wouldn't be too slow.

364/480 is going to spool slower than a silver bullet.

also, its not going to get anywhere near 115lb/min. i dont even think the s480 flows that alone. id guess around 85lb/min.

the 62/ht3b is no where near 90lb/min

i dont, i had a small towing set but the seconday blew an oil seal, i went back to an s400 single.

CR's spool turbos alot better. I can maybe see it spooling as fast as a silver bullet, but not faster, and just so you know, a silver bullet is pretty laggy itself.

but go for it, run a loose converter, and let her rip, im sure itll be fun.

Well if it would light up around 1700-1800 that'd be fine and I know on a 12v you can get a silver bullet to do that. I may just start off with an s364 and save up so when I add the s480 I can do some internal mods as well.

Well if it would light up around 1700-1800 that'd be fine and I know on a 12v you can get a silver bullet to do that. I may just start off with an s364 and save up so when I add the s480 I can do some internal mods as well.

Good luck, that's about where a stock turbo fully spools and makes good power.

Back