BW primary turbo, oil in compressor housing?

icemanjc1

Joel's Diesel
I've had this issue with 2 different brand new borgwarner s400's. I put about 5k miles on this compound setup, then i pull the pressure pipe from the primary and sure enough, oil residue. Same as the s471 I ran for a couple years. I'm using a #4 (1/4")hydaulic line for oil feed and the stock flex drain from a 3rd gen turbo. Do I need restrictor? If so how much? This is an annoying problem to have.

I also ran Garrett GTX4202 as a primary and it never leaked into the compressor housing. Kinda why I'm thinking I need a resrictor. What do you guys think?

I have that problem with a s366. It tuned out to be the amsoil air filter that I was using. It would not flow enough, the resulting vacuum pulled oil through the seals. (Or so it seems as it went away with a new larger filter).

I was running 25" h20 with an outerwears cover on my AFE filter at one point. Took it off and that dropped to 12" h20 and a noticeable improvement in spool.
Wouldnt surprise me at all if that extra vacuum is pulling oil up thru the seals.

Back