Bw s475

RD TRCTR

Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Genuine BW S475, box charger, T6, 1.32 exhaust housing. Only 2 months old, has about 100 miles on it, still in excellent shape.

Entire charger, $650 shipped.

No Turbine housing, $400 shipped.

Located in southeast MI.

Genuine BW S475, box charger, T6, 1.32 exhaust housing. Only 2 months old, has about 100 miles on it, still in excellent shape.

Entire charger, $650 shipped.

No Turbine housing, $400 shipped.

Located in southeast MI.

You can get a new one for that or less....

That is not a Genuine Borg Warner turbo, hard to compare prices of a Chinese turbo and what this listing is for.

That is not a Genuine Borg Warner turbo, hard to compare prices of a Chinese turbo and what this listing is for.

I had a feeling he was going to post a link to the Smeding or Summit Racing S475's...

If a person is looking to buy one of those units they are not interested in the charger that I have for sale.

Borg warners are cheap turbos in the first place. If you want to overpay for a branded turbo that's exactly the same as the turbo I posted...knock yourself out.
The smeding s488sxe Ive got on my racetruck has made over 100 passes at 40+psi in compounds. Even had a manifold turbo send its turbine through it in the form of burning powder with 2200* egts and it was still undamaged and made probably 50 passes since then.

Borg warners are cheap turbos in the first place. If you want to overpay for a branded turbo that's exactly the same as the turbo I posted...knock yourself out.
The smeding s488sxe Ive got on my racetruck has made over 100 passes at 40+psi in compounds. Even had a manifold turbo send its turbine through it in the form of burning powder with 2200* egts and it was still undamaged and made probably 50 passes since then.

You do you.

I have seen Smeding chargers last between 2 weeks and 4 months. As with everything, you get what you pay for. Some guys have good luck with knock offs like Smeding, Tater, VSR and many others. I have seen the failures, often times quick failures, enough that they’re not for me. Do BW chargers fail, yes. Have I seen many failed BW chargers, no. Comparing a Smeding or Summit racing S475 to a BW S475 is like comparing a Tater 63 to a Fleece Cheetah. One of them is the original and one of them isn’t.

You do you.

I have seen Smeding chargers last between 2 weeks and 4 months. As with everything, you get what you pay for. Some guys have good luck with knock offs like Smeding, Tater, VSR and many others. I have seen the failures, often times quick failures, enough that they’re not for me. Do BW chargers fail, yes. Have I seen many failed BW chargers, no. Comparing a Smeding or Summit racing S475 to a BW S475 is like comparing a Tater 63 to a Fleece Cheetah. One of them is the original and one of them isn’t.

I don't see you pointing out any material or dimensional differences. If you can name some, I would be interested to hear. Anything is better than that stupid battery thread in this general diesel for sale section :lolly:

You’re absolutely right, I personally do not know of any material or dimensional differences.

Lol, I stopped visiting that thread after page 2 :Cheer:

Borg warners are cheap turbos in the first place. If you want to overpay for a branded turbo that's exactly the same as the turbo I posted...knock yourself out..

I don't see you pointing out any material or dimensional differences. If you can name some, I would be interested to hear.

I think you are greatly overlooking the quality control procedures of a company like Borg Warner vs a privately owned business importing goods from a Chinese manufacturer. The main things we have seen from Chinese items is the lack of case hardening in high load areas and overall manufacturing inconsistencies, there is a difference between good and good enough.

I don't see you pointing out any material or dimensional differences. If you can name some, I would be interested to hear. Anything is better than that stupid battery thread in this general diesel for sale section :lolly:

Ya know, I was just thinking about bringing that drama over here anyway. Do you use AGM batteries? Well, they suck azz just because I said so, and it must be true because you just read it on the internet!

Back