Cab removal, 1995 extended cab

bulldog77

Been searching on a good way to remove the cab WITHOUT a lift or access to a lift. Been thinking of tractor and loader and straps, buy really would like to not damage the cab. Any suggestions?

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Can be done. Just take your time. Make sure the loader is centered above the cab and use soft rachet straps capable of the weight and run them under the seals. slow and easy is the key.

I pulled mine with a tractor. Put a 2"x6" thru the front and back windows so you won't crease the doors. I screwed my doors up because I was half lit and in too big of a rush to do that.

Sent from my paperweight

Last edited:
I always ran the straps under the seals with doors open to prevent damage to them. On a clubcab we opened the back windows

I know from the research i have done it does say not to run them through the doors. Plan is to remove interior and probably doors. I was thinking of running a 4x4 through the door openings and attaching straps there but still undecided.

Well take my advice or leave it but Ive done many many cab swaps using the method I posted with no damage and not taking interior or doors off. Slow and steady is key and a few helpers will make it a good experience. Just don't try lifting it off with an Allis WC with a trip bucket.

Well the seats are going in the other cab so that's why i planned on pulling them. Taking the doors off is just a thought right now. Using a case 670 with a dual loader with new cylinders on it. Thanks for the advice though. It is appreciated.

No need to pull the doors.

I use a couple small electric winches hooked to the rafters in my shop.

I use one for the drivers side and one for the passenger. They are spaced on my rafters at cab width.

If you're using a loader or forklift just make sure you space the straps on the forks so that the straps are pulling straight up and not "pinching" the body. It probably wouldn't cause damage if it did pinch some, but its safer to avoid that additional stress.

Open the doors(and rear windows on an ex cab). Run a flat loading strap through the cab. I then close the door with a piece of thick rubber between the door and body to leave a gap, and use a few pieces of wide painters tape to hold them "closed".

Back