California Trailer laws

RedPuller

Diesel Inside
Well, I was not aware of any of these until my good buddy Scott Vorhees told me about his experience coming back into Cali after the TS event in Kentucky. Guess I am going to be applying for a Class A license very soon and playing dumb until then.....:bang

I guess only class C licenses can pull 10K or less GVWR, over that requires class A license. Guess I have been lucky for the last 3+ years but you learn something new everyday.......

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl648/dl648pt2.htm

Get on it fellow Cali pullers if you haven't already, CHP will bone you big time after hearing Scott's story.

Joe

I think that the laws are different if the appiles to farming or ranching. I may be wrong. anyways I just play stuiped.

Thanks for that link Scott, as well as the e-mailed link. Those are good pieces of info to get my rig all "approved":bang

Joe

This crap has been out for about a year. Even if you pull your truck to a show you have "potential to make gain" and you would fall into this category of being pretty much a commercial truck. I've since rigged out the trailers and trucks with triangles and fire extinguishers to be safe! Good luck!

Do you have a link to Scott's story?

Thanks!
Ian

Back