Calling FL Smokers

PSDPlayer said:
I just can't get that thing to hook. But it goes 14.50-14.60 all day. Hell it even went 15.70 at 95.54mph once. The next time I do this it will not be on those damn alcoas.

Doug, if ya want it to hook ya gotta get rid of them hard friggin tires:doh: . If this thing get's to Orlando I'll show ya a few thing's to try. My Dodge should be ready Friday (damn I already miss it) Hopefully I'll get to meet everybody this time. Gary:evil

Billysgoat said:
Never passed through there, so I have no clue how close that is to Titusville, wish I had known this sooner :bang

It's just south of Cocoa, near Melbourne.

Cross-posting this one as much as I can:

The Ohio boys are coming to TOWN!!!! Depending on what time we leave, we'll be at Gainesville Raceway January 13th 10-4pm. That one's still tentative since we don't know exactly when we'll leave from Ohio.
http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=17486&zoneid=67

We'll be down at Bradenton on January 18th 6-11PM for playing with the test & tune'ers.
http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

Then January 20th we'll be at the pull in Wauchula at Cattlemans Arena on Hwy 17:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/florida-members/396-anyone-fla-6.html#post69155

Come on out! Meet the Ohio boys and have some fun!! It sounds like a lot of interest on the other forums for the pull.

brandon.

I got a little more info on the truck pulls. I spoke with the guy who puts them together. He says, "it's nothing fancy and it's a hobby, not a business for me. We go out to have fun."

Cattleman's Arena is primarily used for rodeos and fairs.

Saturday, January 20th;
Weigh in starts at 3 PM;
The pulls start at 6 PM;
Spectators: Adults $10 / Children 6-10 $5 / Under 5 free
Pullers : $30 per Class

I'm going to give you the rules as I understood them. :what: There are two diesel classes, one is stock and one is modded. The weight is 8,000 lbs and you can't use a 26" hitch-hike. Not too sure about all of it so if anyone is interested in more information please call Keith @ 1-239-340-4020.

This is the best directions I found online on how to get to the arena, from different directions. I personally will be doing expedia.com. It's in Hardee County.

Hardee Cattleman’s Arena
Wauchula, FL

Directions to Hardee Cattleman's Arena:
The arena is located at the intersection of Altman Rd & Stenstrom Rd

From I-75 at Bradenton: Go east on Sr-64, turn left (north) on US-17 at Zolfo Springs. Go 2.2 miles, turn left (west) on Stenstrom Rd. Go to the end of the road.

From SR-60 out of Bartow: Go South on US-17 to Wauchula, turn right (west) on West Main St. go 1.4 miles to Altman Rd turn left (south) Go 1 mile.

From US-27 at Avon Park: Go west on SR-64, turn right (north) on US-17 at Zolfo Springs. Go 2.2 miles then turn left (west) on Stenstrom Road. Go to end of the road.

Thanks,
Vivian

brandon:
are you going to have that big ole turbo in your sig under the hood by the time you get here?:bow:

Still waiting on the transmission. I broke the last one somehow? :1tooth: It went snap, crackle, pop at the starting line. The shaft was supposed to be done weeks ago, but no word yet.

Rumor has it that you can SPRAY the open class... *nx*

brnadon.

Typcially you need something that a 3" diameter hook can fit through. A 3.5" clevis is fine or you can custom make one out of a pintle that's big enough to fit the 3" hook through.

brandon.

I need to make a correction up above where it says "you can't use a 26" hitch-hike" - should be - "you can't use higher than a 26" hitch-hike". Sorry, I'm not familiar with pulling terms. Someone questioned it in another forum and someone else clarified for us LOL

Thanks,
Vivian

Hi,

The truck pull is Saturday. Here is a recap and the address:

The sled pull is Sat Jan 20, 2007 at the Harde County Cattlemans Arena in Wauchula
the address there is 507 Civic Center Dr Wauchula, FL 33873
Gates will open at 3:00pm. We will start pulling at 6:00pm. Admission is $10 per person
$30 a class to pull. 100% payback plus added money to each class. There are concessions on grounds.

Thanks & hope to see you there!
Vivian

Hey Chris,

Yes. We'll be there. Haven't ironed out all the details yet but we'll be there.

Thanks,
Vivian

Chris,

DJ says, "BTW, when is the Moroso race?"

He also asked me to tell you that we will be at Moroso on February 18th. Pinks is having an all out - not for rides but for $$. DJ is breaking his piggy bank now :snoop:

Thanks,
Vivian

Thats sound very cool....you bring your slow white truck....:evil . How does this work... something like street racing? If so I'll need about 15 truck lengths.

MOMBENZ said:
Chris,

DJ says, "BTW, when is the Moroso race?"

He also asked me to tell you that we will be at Moroso on February 18th. Pinks is having an all out - not for rides but for $$. DJ is breaking his piggy bank now :snoop:

Thanks,
Vivian

Sweet!!! Where is Moroso at? I'd maybe come over there for that!

Back