Cam bushings near Dallas/Fort-worth area

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
Anyone know of a good machine shop in or near Dallas/Ft-worth area that can boar and install cam bushings in a cummins block? Only one I know of is Waco crank, but these guys have a problem with any type of performance you want to do and everything is stupid in their opinions...

Give Wayne Calvert in Denton a call.. He has not failed me yet! I asked about cummins stuff, he said if it fits on the table we can do it! 9403826815 ask for randy Calvert. He is much easier to talk to. As Wayne is about 90 and can't hear a cannon going off in the same room

D & L Performance 1502 Norman Wichita Falls, TX. 76302 940.766.1357

He can also balance the rotating assy, block work, head work, etc.

Yup he did my last block but he still farms it out, I will use him again because he does really good work just kind looking for someone local..

Ledfords Performance in Waco Tx 254 756 3982 ask for Gary, or Glen, Glen is the machinist! They saved a block for me that a cam walked in when everyone else said it was junk.

D & L Performance 1502 Norman Wichita Falls, TX. 76302 940.766.1357

He can also balance the rotating assy, block work, head work, etc.

So who does the actual machining? I'd bet Greg Long ZZ Fab would know a good person.

Jim

So who does the actual machining? I'd bet Greg Long ZZ Fab would know a good person.

Jim

Big State Grinding does the align boring.
4725 Jacksobor HWY
Wichita Falls, TX 76302
940-322-2041

I am tracking the rest of the machine work is done in-house.

I'll check it out Daniel...Are u going to make it to any more pulls this season??

Blaines Motor Supply ask for Sean tell hin Ryan sent you.
On Scyene in Dallas

So Blaines can do it, any idea what they charge? Dan who is howard?

I've never had Ledford's do any block work, but I can tell you their valve seats lasted about as long as I would with Megan Fox. Precision machine in Hewitt is where my work was done, but I'm sure there is equal or better in the metroplex.

I've never had Ledford's do any block work, but I can tell you their valve seats lasted about as long as I would with Megan Fox. Precision machine in Hewitt is where my work was done, but I'm sure there is equal or better in the metroplex.

Does precision have a torque plate? My motor is nearly apart and will be taking it somewhere this week.

Spoke with these guys, they seem like a quality shop. And the guys I'll probably go with for my machine work. Still waiting to hear back prices though. They also said thanks for the word put out there.

I don't know if you have a common rail or not, but one thing I should mention if you do.... Make sure you explain to them the surface finish you need on your head/deck. 12/24v with the standard gasket is fine, but the finish they use is not acceptable for anything with an mls gasket. They told me it worked fine in their race cars, but they're gasser guys. Or at least they used to be.

Back