Cam Gear

Diehard Ram

Sled puller no more
I have 2 cam gears. Both have the same part number. One is made in USA and the other is made in India. When you line up the zero marks one is a half a key way off. That is one tooth off if you line up both key ways. What is that going to do to the timing of the cam. I don't know how many degrees that makes it off. I know that will have an affect on cam timing. My cam is a schied street cam going in a 12v. Anyone run into this before.

IIRC, one cam gear tooth is 5 degrees of cam rotation which would be 10 degrees of crank rotation. So you would have 10 crank degrees difference in those two gears if you used the same key. They make different offset keys or you can just install it where necessary and tig the gear to the cam.

Last edited:
IIRC, one cam gear tooth is 5 degrees of cam rotation which would be 10 degrees of crank rotation. So you would have 10 crank degrees difference in those two gears if you used the same key. They make different offset keys or you can just install it where necessary and tig the gear to the cam.

Wouldn't it be easier to jump it a tooth, if its a full tooth out?

I was just curious if anyone out there had run in to that same thing. If i had'nt put the two together and lined them up i would never know. That sure would make you pull your hair out trying to figure that one out. Especialy if you used a degree wheel and it was way off.

Back