can it be done ????

smitty333

IDOFMX
so i had told a buddy that a 20 mpg van can do 100 mph in the quarter...

i did 15.6 at 85mph two years ago, so its time to get serious!

i had the 4 inch turbo back exhaust, and dp tuner and my dirt bike in the back at that time, ha ha

since then i blew up my tranny so i have been rolling around stock.... but im ready to give it another go !

i have an air dog 2 on the way from summit
next stuf will be ...
trans valve body and torque converter (2 or 3 disk)
fuel bowl rebuild with new relief spring and the other spring/plunger delete
head studs and possibly injectors
something for an airfilter upgrade ... i have K&Ns now but not noticing much improvement over stock
possibly a snow meth injection ??? input needed !
any other suggestions/info for this project would be appreciated

You will definitely need injectors to trap that. Do you know what your van weighs?

thx for all the suggestions guys , much appreciated

i was at the local deisel performance shop today getting the air dog 2 installed and got to meet one of the garrett big guys who was making a visit to the shop ... he assured me the gtp38r can be fitted to the van and it will make a noticable difference.

i am trying to put a plan of attack together for this project ...

installed the air dog today and i think im going to save up for a bullet proof tranny next ... any suggestions, i live 5 miles from monster trannys in florida and only a bit over an hour from suncoast

then injectors, meth or nitrous or propane, hpop .... the van weighs in at 5800 im told

Do hpop before injectors. It already needs it with just the dp.

I completely disagree.

There's quite a few injector/tuning combos out there that will make great power even on the stock HPOP. Hybrids don't use near the amount of oil that stock injectors use, all while making more HP than stock injectors.

I put down the numbers in my sig with a bone stock 17 degree HPOP, while holding a rock solid 3K PSI of ICP.

To the OP: injectors, turbo, and a built trans are the essentials. Skip the meth injection on a PMR motor. You don't need that to reach 100 mph, and it's only going to risk your rods with additional cylinder pressures.

And unless there's something wrong with your fuel bowl, those mods to it are useless.

Last edited:
Do hpop before injectors. It already needs it with just the dp.

I completely disagree.

There's quite a few injector/tuning combos out there that will make great power even on the stock HPOP. Hybrids don't use near the amount of oil that stock injectors use, all while making more HP than stock injectors.

I put down the numbers in my sig with a bone stock 17 degree HPOP, while holding a rock solid 3K PSI of ICP.

To the OP: injectors, turbo, and a built trans are the essentials. Skip the meth injection on a PMR motor. You don't need that to reach 100 mph, and it's only going to risk your rods with additional cylinder pressures.

And unless there's something wrong with your fuel bowl, those mods to it are useless.

Exactly. No need for an hpop upgrade if you use hybrids. While driveability changed some (less smoke and more responsive) I saw zero difference at the track with an upgraded hpop on my old 7.3.

Back