Can someone clarify this for me?

Nick24v

So I had a trans built for my 2001 2nd gen. I ended up selling the truck before I ever installed it. I'm having a heck of a time selling it and would hate to just give it away for pennies.

I recently bought a 2004 CR. I was told if it has the "APPS" and not the "TPS" (I am assuming this is the difference between 2004 and 2004.5), that i could install it in my CR.

How do I tell for certain? Will the "TPS" look completely different than the "APPS" in my 2ng gen? OR is it in a completely different location?

I hope this makes sense.

_1299871191.jpg

The apps looks basically the same. I've seen 04.5 with apps as well.

Edit, treed! That also looks like an 04.5 with apps model as well, looking at the fan shroud.

Last edited:
Okay thanks. I knew the cover looked the same as my 2nd gen, just wasn't sure if that was a tell-all sign.

It's cold here in MI and never made it outside to pull it off lol......

Other than running a VIN, what else indicates a 2004.5?

Pretty sure the turbo. The HE351 would have an electronic wastegate.

Turbo, engine mounted fan shroud, and higher rating on valve cover would be the easiest ways.

They sell a bracket that you can bolt to the rear housing of the tranny that will hold the throttle valve motor like the newer style 48re has. I have used a few of them and can look up where to get them if your interested.

The build date on the door is a pretty good indicator, as long as it's still there.

Back