Canada NHRDA event

IdahoRob

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Alright, trying to make an event in Canada. Sorry for my ignorance, but which is the best one with the biggest turn out, fans and racers?

Schedule is filling up and family is trying to plan a summer vacation.

Thank you,

The one in Edmonton will be the biggest race. Last year about 120 or so trucks in all...will be the biggest turnout as it is the longest running one up here!!

I agree, Sportsman had just over 60 trucks. 6 rounds for the win against Kelsie.......

I agree, Sportsman had just over 60 trucks. 6 rounds for the win against Kelsie.......

HAHA yup...and year before first time I ever lined up against you I beat you in the semi finals...I think there was 76 trucks in sporstman that year...

Yep edmonton does seem to be the biggest.
Hopefully we can get Mission and Calgary to match up this year.

Calgary might end being big as well. as last year even though we got snowed out the event at Kevins shop was huge.

Even if Calgary brings a decent turnout the track is still crap. I live 15min from Race City, and still travel to Edmonton to run anything but minor setup changes.

If you are traveling all this way, goto the Edmonton race, great track, lots of trucks, lots of people.

Mission is nice, as lots of days you end up with a D/A below sea level (its normal elevation is ~25ft ASL), makes for some big mph.

Mission has the best air, a lot of records gave been set there. It can be below sea level if the conditions are right. That Being said it never has the turn out like Edmonton.

Castrol in Edmonton is a great track/facility also.

Malcolm

HAHA yup...and year before first time I ever lined up against you I beat you in the semi finals...I think there was 76 trucks in sporstman that year...

Hmmm, I raced twice in Edmonton in 2009. I RED lit 1st round in the August 15th race but won the May 2nd race against 4349 if that was you Donavan. I have the time slip to prove it. In fact, I have every time slip from 2007 on. It's a big book.

Jim

LOL, I won in 2008, and I remember racing Donavan at some point late in eliminations (semis maybe), then lost to him in 2009 in the Semis. Both times were in Randy's truck.

Definitely head for Edmonton for the biggest event. Despite iffy weather forecasts there has still been a great turnout the past few years. If there is a good forecast I would expect a HUGE turnout!

Dont discount Mission either. We are trying to build it into a great event. We have moved the date into June now instead of May so the weather "should" be better. Mission is a first class track with one of the best surfaces in the North West. Plus the day that we are running the North West Doorslammers are running as well and that is 6-8 second door cars.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:Go MISSION GO :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Ahh some competition for our pro stock then haha

Pay another $50 and join the WCDS and all you have to do is run a 8.70 or quicker to qualify into a 16 car field. Lately the bump has been in the lower 8's to make the field.*nx*

Hmm that might be something to look into, would be cool to get a diesel in there against the gassers

Dont discount Mission either. We are trying to build it into a great event. We have moved the date into June now instead of May so the weather "should" be better. Mission is a first class track with one of the best surfaces in the North West. Plus the day that we are running the North West Doorslammers are running as well and that is 6-8 second door cars.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:Go MISSION GO :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Wasnt a huge fan of the cars running on the same day....
freakin loud and seemed like the day went on forever...

come to Edmonton so we can see your truck run and by then maybe learn alittle about EFI for our dodges.

Wasnt a huge fan of the cars running on the same day....
freakin loud and seemed like the day went on forever...

The crowd loves the fast cars..
and if it wasnt for the cars running we wouldnt have had many spectators im sorry to say and the race would have been over by lunch time.

We need filler or else we get delays in the action and the spectators that we do have end up leaving

The crowd loves the fast cars..
and if it wasnt for the cars running we wouldnt have had many spectators im sorry to say and the race would have been over by lunch time.

We need filler or else we get delays in the action and the spectators that we do have end up leaving

You bet. Unfortunately drag racing is a hurry up and wait sport.

Edmonton and Mission are the 2 top acts right now north of the border! Edmonton is definately my "cant miss show" Lots and Lots of competitors, fans and stuff to do. Great parking, places to stay, or camp right at the track. Be great to see you there! Even though it is looking more and more like I will be racing the ford instead of the race truck

Edmonton and Mission are the 2 top acts right now north of the border! Edmonton is definately my "cant miss show" Lots and Lots of competitors, fans and stuff to do. Great parking, places to stay, or camp right at the track. Be great to see you there! Even though it is looking more and more like I will be racing the ford instead of the race truck

Seriously dude...you had all winter and still haven't got that thing sorted out???

Back