Canceled my ATS Tranny Order........

AMMO22

BANNED
I've been waiting for 3 weeks on my ATS tranny to get here to try and get it under the truck before Vegas, plus I took a week of leave to install it, I have no tranny and wasted a week of leave so I got a refund for my order. The company ATS has building the input shafts fell behind.

I have $5100 to put towards a tranny, who do you guys say I give it to? I'd like to not spend all the $5100 if possible, but I can if needed. I want something that will hold 500-550hp with out any hiccups. Thanks!!
*bdh*

We are putting a Suncoast in our 250, that is unless it gets traded for a cummins 6-spd.

I haven't heard one negative comment about JW, the others it seems are hit or miss. I spoke with John Wood a few months ago, but my schedule wouldn't allow me to drive to CA and leave the truck with him for a week. I would love to have my tranny built by JW, but that creates a problem of me being without a vehicle for that long.

with an appointment, john wood will do it same day, and he is about 5 hours away from tuscon. never heard of leaving a truck there for a week unless you cant stay for the day. like unbroken said, worth it!

He told me he wanted to keep it a week. Time to remove, disassemble, rebuild, tune, and drive, which is fine. If it could be done in one day I'd take it to him right after the Vegas trip.

Tranny....?

John Wood is talked up alot, I'm sure it is for good reason,
My, 7.3L had SunCoast TC and race rebuild, and it was the Poooo
I believe SunCoast will be less $$$ and their warr is two years (Unlimited HP,
and Unlimited TQ).............Good Luck
PS: many Cummins runnin under 12 sec in the 1/4 use SunCoast...:rockwoot:

Can any tranmission shop install the Suncoast rebuild kits? That would be the least expensive way, leaving more money for headstuds, turbo, injectors, and so on.

Not any Monkey wit a wrench

:doh:
Find a tranny shop in your area with SunCoast exp. or call SunCoast and ask em for a reccomended shop, in your proximity.....
U Don't want Monkeys wrenchin' on your BABY...
SunCoast is the Poooo 4 d $$$$

If I take my trans out a suncoast rebuild kit will be going in it. I have access to there stuff as dealer but my discount is barely anything since they don't give there stuff away. The money to be made on there stuff is in the install. What is wrong with the transmission now? Has it come apart? If it is still in working order then get the rebuild kit. If its blown up get a new unit and a new cooler. You can try to flush it all you want but for piece of mind, get a new one.

It feels like its slipping a bit and it flares between gears. I want to have it in good shape once I start throwing the big HP to it. Maybe someone at Vegas will test drive it for me and tell me what they think I need to do.

Back