cant find the 6.7 12 valve thread.

yeah that would be nice dan, but i've got a couple dozen extra 12v rods and billet is $$$$

so would it work?

I think by the time you put the money in sleeving it, etc, would hate to see it go through the block. Sleeving and deckplating isn't cheap. I was think the sleeves were gonna be about $750, plus install, been awhile since I got pricing on them. If I were to guess I would say your into about $3-4K to have a block setup for sleeves. If your at the power that needs sleeves and deckplates, I don't think the 12V rods will survive.

Last edited:
Real question that should be asked is how small could the journal be taken down to before issue 2.000 - 2.100 - 2.200".

Real question that should be asked is how small could the journal be taken down to before issue 2.000 - 2.100 - 2.200".

Somebody is on the right track and figuring out how folks are getting more than the 5.25 stroke!

I fell on my head earlier today. It's a balancing act with the rod ratio once over 5.000" stroke not using a deck plate.

Good rods are the closest thing to a insurance policy as you get for a high hp engine. Break a rod and it can take out block, crank, cam, head, pump, injector, and spit parts into the turbo. It's one thing if you are gonna throw a bunch of common parts together and run the bag off of it, but if it's not so common parts and fancy machine work I'd like to not cross my fingers when bending the loud handle.

52mm bowl, 7mm top ring, depending on deck height a stock length rod could be used.

672-1.jpg

671-1.jpg

Quite frankly, I don't want to get on your bad side, but am I mistaken that I provided the majority of the 6.7 12V information?

If I'm wrong I'll gladly step back, information in exchange for information is usually a fair exchange within reason.

You posted the specs anyone could find for the engine and the pre superceded PN# for the piston.

You should lighten up, I bought this piston to have it printed and I would be willing to share it with anyone. The compression height is ~ 7mm less than the 24v 6.7L.

While I'll normally freely share performance related imformation, I can fully appreciate post #92 and somewhat apply it every day. This is why I took it at face value.

Anyone can find anything. They just have to know everything. I would like to meet this person.

Last edited:
The pin is 38mm vs 40mm that is standard, bowl is 52mm wide and 25mm deep.

Compression distance;

12v/24v 5.9L ~ 71mm
24v 6.7L ~ 69mm
12v 6.7L ~ 63mm

If one of you could find a damn NON rear gear 5.2" stroke crank we would be rocking.

Back