cant get the revs out of her

Hey guys,having a problem getting anywhere north of 3k out of it.Mods are a 0 plate,4k kit with valve springs,dtt vb and bd tc.The vb was supposed to be tailored to my setup.It rocks,no question about it ,but theres no way I can get any revs out of it.I thought the govenor arm needed adjusting so I looked at that,its not under the plate,so to be sure I yanked the plate altogether,still no luck.The truck hauls ass and buries the pyro easily,makes 40 psi with a boost elbow in 3rd or od,but the only time Ive seen 3200 is when in 2nd holding it back on a downgrade.there was only 1 shim in my 180 pump,I looked and looked 3 times and picked at the seat trying to see if there was more but nope.Truck runs and idles great ,also since the vb install I have alot less smoke,why?

Not sure if you mean it wont rev past 3200 while accelerating in drive or....free rev?
Put her in low and rug it, it should go way past 3200 with those 4k springs.
Sounds like your trannys hitting at the right rpm, if you want to rev higher you will have to manually shift it but there probably wont be any gains in race by revving it higher.

How did you set up your GSK?

I have no shims at all in mine, and i went 3 clicks past the initial soft click. Do both sides measuer close to the same and the slots are running the same direction?

How tight are your springs?

Might want to start with the really simple stuff. Does the throttle arm go all the way to the stop when you put the pedal to the floor (is the cable adjusted right?).

I set it up 3 clicks past as well,I'll check the linkage,but Im positive its getting alot of fuel.I'll try putting it in 1st and hammering on it,I just assumed that my vb was gonna allow for higher shifts,Im sure it could be setup for that which is what I discussed over the phone.

ya it easily free revs to past 4k,I thought I would be shifting at higher rpms under full throttle,oh well.It does slightly I guess around 2900.thanks guys

PRattenbury said:
Might want to start with the really simple stuff. Does the throttle arm go all the way to the stop when you put the pedal to the floor (is the cable adjusted right?).
And make sure the pesky floormats don't get in the way.

joefarmer said:
And make sure the pesky floormats don't get in the way.

YA!! i replaced my fuel filter, readjusted my gsk, swapped injectors, and messed with my pump for days to no avail. I figuered it out when i drov the truck to the wash with no mats in it.

Back