Carbon Fiber Work

I still need to ship your that SRT-10 hood scoop insert to see if you can remake it out of carbon fiber. PM me your address and I'll get it shipped to you asap.
Leonard

I know Id be interested in a carbon fiber dash.. I was thinking of trying it myself with a UV resistant resin. But to do it properly requires a LOT of work and vacuum bagging it to avoid air bubbles. More time than Id want to invest for a one-off project.
I could shortcut it and try pouring it on and using a squeegee, but thats gonna look like crap. Or soak it and lay it on wet.
Might just get a new one and reinforce it from the underside with fiberglass and resin

Do you have images of your autoclave? Do you use an autoclave?

Do you have images of your autoclave? Do you use an autoclave?

I don't use an autoclave, which is commonly used with prepreg materials. I use vacuum infusion method, 100% carbon fiber. This process yields a 30-70 resin to material ratio. Lighter stronger and very cost effective.

I don't use an autoclave, which is commonly used with prepreg materials. I use vacuum infusion method, 100% carbon fiber. This process yields a 30-70 resin to material ratio. Lighter stronger and very cost effective.

Ah... Thank you.

I know Id be interested in a carbon fiber dash.. I was thinking of trying it myself with a UV resistant resin. But to do it properly requires a LOT of work and vacuum bagging it to avoid air bubbles. More time than Id want to invest for a one-off project.
I could shortcut it and try pouring it on and using a squeegee, but thats gonna look like crap. Or soak it and lay it on wet.
Might just get a new one and reinforce it from the underside with fiberglass and resin

The dash I want to make is going to fit like an O/E dash but be different. By different I mean custom, not a one off but something for everyone. It's not easy, if it was everyone would be doing it. If you do it I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks again Randy!! They fit like a glove, now I just gotta wait till it warms up so I can clean the whole thing

u7e8u7az.jpg

ge2e2a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look great! The cf doors will have built in mirror deletes...lol.

Last edited:
Back