CARNAGE from Midwest Winter Nationals 08

06 DIESEL

Dead Eye Firearms LLC
The Dairy Deere operated by the Martin family had a little bit of carnage this weekend. I did not get back into the pits to get better pictures but here are what I got. Lets just say I doubt that they will be pulling this one anytime soon.;) No one was injured but several pairs of britches needed to be changed.

Gordyville08007.jpg

Gordyville08008.jpg

Gordyville08009.jpg

They sure do have bad luck in gordyvillie, Last year their other tractor broke the front axle out.

ih4ord said:
They sure do have bad luck in gordyvillie, Last year their other tractor broke the front axle out.

Yup, that is correct, one (they have more than two) of their other tractors broke the front axle last year. This was by far a better croud pleaser than the axle though.

jfaulkner said:
Did they even place? Nothing like being kicked in the nuts twice.

They got third in the finals with that pass if memory serves me correctly.

IKNOWEVERYTHING said:
Did anybody else hear a boost leak ? Maybe just the sound on the vid but It sure sounded to me like had an issue from the get go.

IKE

Yup, there was a problem from the start, I said something to my cousin when it started down the track about it having a funny whine to it.

02Dmax said:
aren't those the guys from PA or NY or something with 4 tractors?

They are from PA and they either have three or four 10,000 lb Pro Stocks

I heard they were a small family farm struggling to get by milking 36 head of cows and farming 175 acres.......................................YA RIGHT!!

I have heard nothing but good things about the family and I have enjoyed seeing there tractors run in many different states.

IKE

Martin Boys? Poor? Man if poor is having your own jet I want to be poor these days! The boss talked to them today, they are trying to figure out exactly what happened. Camshaft failure is one of the major things they are seeing as the stress fractures seem to be what's tipping them off. Wait till you see the video. Our camera man was down on the left side at the 300ft mark. the video we got is crazy!!!! I don't have a cut of it yet but when I do I will post it. I was telling corey tonight, a piston knocked the ear protection right off the camera man's head! Lucky man is all I got to say!

Back