Carrier Bearing Problems

MegaCab41

My carrier bearing has went out twice now. I'm sure it has went out on yall too. Im sure yall know somethin to do. If yall have any advice let me know please.
Thanks.

Im getting ready to install a one peice driveshaft in my megacab tonight. However with a 6 inch lift I think you would want to stay with a 2 peice shaft. Did you drop your carrier bearing when u did your lift? Seems like they are constantly needing shimmed to stay alligned.

I asked a local place that does that and they told me it would be too long and wouldn't work that's why its a two piece drive shaft. You know where or who I could get one from? Thanks.

Im getting ready to install a one peice driveshaft in my megacab tonight. However with a 6 inch lift I think you would want to stay with a 2 peice shaft. Did you drop your carrier bearing when u did your lift? Seems like they are constantly needing shimmed to stay alligned.

No the guy that had the truck before me put it on and he didn't drop the carrier bearing.
Thanks.

Im going to guess that's why ur bearing has been going out, it needs a serious drop. My shaft is oem from dodge. They went to a 1 peice shaft on the longwheelbase trucks after 2007 I believe. Its pretty pricey lists for$735. Some searching on this and other forums will help you out alot.

I looked when i got home and the driveshaft has been lowered. Would the one piece driveshaft you are using 06megacab work?

Im going to guess that's why ur bearing has been going out, it needs a serious drop. My shaft is oem from dodge. They went to a 1 peice shaft on the longwheelbase trucks after 2007 I believe. Its pretty pricey lists for$735. Some searching on this and other forums will help you out alot.

735 holy crap where did u see that, I only paid like 350-400ish for mine brand new.

And to the OP i have 2in of lift in the rear and there is still plenty of room on the slip yoke, so if u only got a 4 in lift in the rear then you will be good
Heres what it looks like
dscn0591.jpg

Last edited:
That would be awesome to have CalebZ400. Where did you get that from? Also mine is a 6" Lift but it would still work wouldnt it? Thanks.

I got it from some random mopar parts dealer online, I figured since u have a 6 in lift it would be 6in the front and 4 in the rear to make it sit level. If you have 6 in the back then i dunno if itll work

I got it off of mopar parts online for $412, pn 52123162AA. but i just looked and its $507 now which is kinda a rip off. Probally be cheaper to get a 4in driveshaft made locally.

735 holy crap where did u see that, I only paid like 350-400ish for mine brand new

MSRP right on the receipt from dodge. I ended up paying 550 with my discount tho.

I highly doubt youll find one of these for 350-400ish nowadays.:bang
there are two shafts with two seperate part numbers, one is for the auto and one is for the manual tranny so do your homework before you buy.

Ive heard alot of goood things about this, should have mine installed tomrrow night. and anyone who says alluminum shafts arent strong enough is crazy, this driveshaft is Massive with larger Ujoints!

yeah i looked at the part again today and it went up like 100 bucks in the past couple months. Youll love that 6in D/S. itll take away vibrations that you didn't even know was there. Sooo great!

Im praying it cures my launch shudder... its terrible! hope we helped ya megacab41

Sorry to keep asking questions but if I had one made do yall know what size I should make It and would it hold up as good? Thanks.

I dont think most local ppl will make D/S bigger than 4in, they just dont usually have the capability to do it. A 4 in D/S will hold up to whatever as long as u let them know your hp goals so they can make it outa a material that'll hold it. From what I have seen they will take your old slip yoke and end piece and make the new D/S from those pieces to keep costs down.

Back