Case 1570, buildin a hot farm stock

Norris

Poor Farmboy
Lookin tos tart hopping up my new toy, 1570, fresh motor. need websites with parts and prices... looking for a stack too, kinda hard to find for it!

let me know who you guys use!

Lookin tos tart hopping up my new toy, 1570, fresh motor. need websites with parts and prices... looking for a stack too, kinda hard to find for it!

let me know who you guys use!

Any ideas as to who went through it? Did they check the big end of the rods for round? Re-bush the little ends? I would probably tear into it and switch out the pistons for hot farm.... You're gonna make enough heat that you're gonna want more skirt clearance more than likely. Turbo's should be easy, T-4 foot turbos aren't that hard to find that can get you to that 700 to 800hp range. Do they allow water injection in your area? What about intercoolers? I can't remember if the 1570 have some sort of intercooler/aftercooler on them stock or not. I'm pretty sure they're 504 to start with at least. Otherwise I have a 504 crank sitting on the floor.

IMHO for hot farm, I check with the shop that went through the engine and check to see what all they had the machine shop do with it. Then armed with that information I would still tear it down and balance everything. You're going to want to try to spin in that 5k area to compete (if your hot farm is anything like ours).

Oh, almost forgot, do your rules allow you to run a P-pump in place of the A-pump? The choice on that is clear if they allow it; otherwise the A-pump needs to be shop built to really get you anywhere...

That's gonna be a heavy beast too... Is that a powershift or an 8-speed?

i came out wrong, going to run out of field for now. get my feet wet.

ive got an s400sx off my dodge i want to throw on it but dont wanna pop it.

i bought tractor for my 3yr old niece. shell kick my ass if i hurt her tractor;P

i know that he went thru 100%, the guy i got from is a close friend and runs hot farm, he was going to strip tractor down and take cab off and run it, but instead they finished their 1170 witha spirit of 76 scheme and only run the one. he has a pretty hot 5020 he wants rid of too.

water meth is not allowd as far as i know, has to be "stock" appearing. even tho hot farm guys run out of field stock..... makes sense i know.

i came out wrong, going to run out of field for now. get my feet wet.

ive got an s400sx off my dodge i want to throw on it but dont wanna pop it.

i bought tractor for my 3yr old niece. shell kick my ass if i hurt her tractor;P

i know that he went thru 100%, the guy i got from is a close friend and runs hot farm, he was going to strip tractor down and take cab off and run it, but instead they finished their 1170 witha spirit of 76 scheme and only run the one. he has a pretty hot 5020 he wants rid of too.

water meth is not allowd as far as i know, has to be "stock" appearing. even tho hot farm guys run out of field stock..... makes sense i know.

Ok, I see that now... "Hot Farm Stock".... Read up on the rules on the turbo I suppose, throw that bad boy on there if you're allowed to, and tweak the A-pump. You should do fine. The biggest thing(s) you will have to learn is how to balance the tractor and what pressure to run in the tires. You running radials or bias-ply? Either way for something that heavy 15-20psi on the radials and 1psi per 1,000 pounds of tractor weight on the bias-ply (general rule of thumb). If your friend runs hot farm he should be quite helpful on setting the tractor up though. Also means he more than likely took great care in putting that engine together :Cheer:

Oh, I'd throw a pyro on there if you plan on using it in the field too. If things run hot all the time and tend to be smokey I would suggest a nice set of 7 hole nozzles. Of course that's if you have the late 70 series heads... You'll be able to tell; if you don't, you'll have the little 10mm Bosch "pencil" injectors, if you do you'll either have 16mm Bosch or 14mm Bosch (14mm would be the same as the first gen dodges since it would be a 9mm tip). <- your friend should know.

I know what you mean when you speak of tractors that don't belong pulling farm stock... Dad and I got tired of it and started tech'ing a couple of local pulls. We know what's stock and what isn't (we work on Ag equipment for a living) and we make "improved farm" classes for those who don't belong, but don't want to pull hobby... We tend not to have to kick anyone out; they run where they belong. Even the heavy farm in the turbo classes it was easy to weed them out, 1 rule pretty much did it, STOCK turbo :kick:

where can i look for parts and stuff? ive always looked online and found nothing in the pulling end of it.

Back