Cass injector ?

Vizsla

I have had an injector problem since they were installed, and I finally have time to deal with it. One injector randomly acts up, and of course it never happens when it can be verified, and the vendor/installer is out of bussines so I would appreciate it if someone could pm me with Cass's number so I can figure out how to handle it.

And does it seem to do it at the same RPM, say 2200 ish? how does the truck react driving around?

Does it do it at say 60mph. In overdrive, converter locked up, going up a slight incline?

Nope. When vendor/installer was done with truck, it would not idle.I fixed two fuel or air leaks at the secondary fuel bowl, replaced the junk(dropped)VGT-ss, both up-pipes were finger tight and leaking at the manifold, loose bolts, broken plastic parts(take your pick), and removed and started over with the wire harness. After 5 months and all of the above, I have 3 tunes that if left in for 2 weeks it will idle. Runs smooth as glass when cold, after warm it will- 1-Randomly sputter and chug when stopping(sounds like it is shutting down).
2-Idle is bad randomly and you can hear it miss a cylinder.
3-Take it up to around 1700 rpm and it misses and shakes in park or neutral.
4-This might be normal for 190's-rev it and coming back down around same rpm it spits sputters and hangs high for a second then drops to normal.
5-I had a 6.0 that did not leak or use any oil, and now the glow plugs and valve covers leak pretty good since well, a certain hack modded it, but somehow it is using a quart every 1,500 miles, and I have checked everything and am 99% that it is going through an injector.

If I sound a little bitter, please consider my truck was in the "techs" hands for almost 3 weeks(drop on mon. pick up fri.-not). My A/C has not worked since then(it is fully charged and worked on the way down)and my grille is all scratched up. Ya ever wish you would of listened to your wife?,(can't believe I'm saying this)but she said are you sure that you wanna leave your truck here, there isn't even a shop? Shoulda took it to Doug. Don't get me wrong I love my truck and it hauls a** when wide open, just finally have the time and place to nip it in the butt.

I'll fix it. If he is in PA. Get it to VA beach. And I'll get it handled.

Thanks Doug, and pending what you think I may have to take a trip. I have been doing pretty good fixing 6.0's but some good techs have had mine(including Adam's tech) and all agreed something isn't right but it checks out fine. I don't need the truck so it can be down awhile and the fact that I have ruled out everything I can think of except injectors, figured take em out and send to Cass for a checkup but if it only occurs when warm do you think that a problem with one would show? Is it possible for oil to go through an injector after it is warm? Never used any oil till it got the studs, injectors, turbo, and previously it had been on some long trips - California, Florida(many times), and beaten like a red head in OBX sand any chance I get and never used a drop. One more clue that I can provide-if I run any fuel additive it turns the idle to crap. Don't mind pulling the injectors, but if you think it is a waste of time let me know. It is great that you come on here and help out anyone you can.

I have an injector that was installed in an excursion that was installed by the same person that did yours. The lower o-ring was literally smeared up the side of the injector. That injector was cylinder number 4. It was only an issue running warm. Injectors 2 and 6 were weak cold. When the truck was brought to me. The previous people had stripped the studs out of the intake manifold when they went into the motor, to do the studs and the injectors after I put the intercooler in it. I get to play clean up all the time. I'm used to it.

Back