Cat on a 96?

SmokeN 12 ValvE

Diesel Enthusiast
Did the 96 2500's and 3500's come from the factory with a cat?

I found one place that said they did, but can not find one anywhere. The DMV said I have to have all the emission crap on there when it gets inspected to be switched to a diesel.

my truck didnt have a cat when i bought it. it had stock exhaust on

non of the 12 valves had cats unless i missed something....

but they will tell you anything really.... our local shop told me all the dodge diesels came with a cat from 1985! LOL

non of the 12 valves had cats unless i missed something....

but they will tell you anything really.... our local shop told me all the dodge diesels came with a cat from 1985! LOL

Yes they did...

only the california trucks had cats on them as far as i know

I believe they were on all trucks, federal and california. I don't live anywhere near there and every 12 valve truck I've seen has had a cat on it that was still stock.

I read in one of the older TDR mags that some of the early 94s came without. My two 98s had them.

I have a CAT from a 95 reg cab 5-speed Wyoming truck. Has 193k on it and was a bone stock truck

My 95' that I picked up in AZ has a Cat on it. I was just under the truck last night and the ceramic honeycomb is still intact and looked great. 241K miles

Put one on, then take it off my friend....I think thats the only way your going to be able to beat the inspection. Its not like they are going to come to your house a week later to re-inspect the truck! haha

from what i remember only the California trucks came with them intact. most west coast trucks have the bell for the cat but it is empty... that was the case with mine and about a dozen others i know of.

from what i remember only the California trucks came with them intact. most west coast trucks have the bell for the cat but it is empty... that was the case with mine and about a dozen others i know of.

They might have been "emptied" at some point, but the ones I've seen have all been intact and again, these were definitely not CA trucks.

EVERY 94-98 12v had a cat...only some VERY, VERY early 94's didn't have them, I think they had to be built in late 93-January 94 to not have them. I've heard of some very, very early ones not having them though.

I've had/seen/straightpiped about 20 of them now, EVERY one has had a cat...from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Texas registered trucks, they all had them.

Chris

Back