ccv filter causing turbo to fail???

absext

Ok fellas here I go again. Had just posted thinking I had a boost leak. I tested and no leak. Had perform service come on the overhead (not sure if because of miles or it knew something was wrong) thinking its for the ccv filter. Finally figured out how to clear it. I have 128k miles on it and showed no dtc's. After changing the ccv filter (wich was very oily) I noticed a great improvement, sounded better and egt's dropped about 100 degrees. But still the turbo or maybe the valves are not sounding good. Between 2200 & 3000 rpm's it sounds the worst. Almost like timing rattle but its not. Sorry for this long post, just want to provide as much info as I can. Question is, since the ccv filter was extremely soiled, would that cause the turbo to have enough soot build-up to make it sound rough, rattle and a shhhh sound or could it have put ware on the valves and push rods? Or could it be something else like injectors not firering correct? Thanks for any input you guys might have.

Glad you mentioned that. That was the 1st mod I added and after realizing it only gives alittle HP and makes it smoke I stopped using it, just never removed but it stays at 0%. Also I only run the 60HP tune on the XRT and have tried going to stock HP and it still does it. I do notice timing rattle with the 120 & 175 tune and that's why I don't use them. Like I said it kinda sounds like timing but its not so I'm stumped and can't afford take take it to the shop right now, also if I could figure out what's causing it I would most likely fix it myself. Thanks for the reply tmoneydiesel.

Scored rocker pivots.

Can you tell me what to look for when I pull the valve cover off? Also do I have to replace the entire rocker assembly or just the pivets? Not sure how those parts are sold. Thanks

Update. After all these weird sounds coming from the truck today after lunch I started the truck and the shhhh sound was very loud. I got out and listened to the exhaust and saw a very light white smoke coming from the tailpipe. So now I'm pretty much sure its the injectors. Will be getting them tested later on this week. Now for replacements, I thought cummins used piezo injectors at the factory when they built them but all I can find is Bosch. Am I wrong or what am I missing?

Do you know the part # so I only have to replace the one or ones that are bad instead of all 6?

Back