ccv into the exhaust?

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
I tried a couple of different routes with this. I am wondering about going to the exhaust?

I don't want more problems and try to gain less headaches down the road. I am wondering if you run it to the exhaust what are the issues with doing this. I did searching on this all last night and just wondering why more people don't do this? Is this good or bad.

I just want the smell and oil leaks gone......

thanks

I tried a couple of different routes with this. I am wondering about going to the exhaust?

I don't want more problems and try to gain less headaches down the road. I am wondering if you run it to the exhaust what are the issues with doing this. I did searching on this all last night and just wondering why more people don't do this? Is this good or bad.

I just want the smell and oil leaks gone......

thanks

i have considered this on this 09 if i cant get it to quit thrown check engine light

thanks I am just trying to see if this is going to fix my problem. I am not sure what the check valves would be for or we don't need them in diesels.

I like the idea though...:woohoo:

Joe...
The problem with placing the CCV into the exhaust is you will need to use a evac system with a bong placed into the exhaust tubing somehwere.The only issue with that you will see is the speed at which our exhaust exits at may cause you to not only vent the vapors,but,pull oil from the crankcase.

There is a deal that is made for the Cummins if you really feel the need for one and its made by Walker Engineering and its called the AirSep.

Walker Engineering - Product Detail

I really do not understand why anyone would want this stuff recycled through their turbo but many claim it works fine(It was pimped on the TDR many moons ago).The problem I have with it is many of those smae owners who claimed it worked for them were also the same owners who cried about how bad the K&N/AFE oil based air filters were for your truck..Go figure......Andy

On Edit...
You also have to understand that your pushing the motor alot harder than it really was intended for so the crancase pressure rises also.Its exactly the reason many of us 12v owners have gone to the additional breather covers which you can buy by simply calling Jeff(Snedge) at Mumau Diesel.

Maybe its just me, but I don't see how that kit does anything different than a hose running to the ground? If there is a difference, could somebody please explain? thanks

I'm sorry, I meant the difference between the mr. gasket kit and just running a hose out.

If you put it in the exhaust it will burn the oil and put the fumes out the back. No mess or smell..:rockwoot:

I'm sorry, I meant the difference between the mr. gasket kit and just running a hose out.

The venturi effect of the pipe in the exhaust will create a vaccum and help evacuate crankcase gasses.

if it's in a header collector it will do that, but if it's upstream of a 15ft long exhaust system, you'll pressurize the crankcase... when I tried this on my 97, it spit the dipstick out of the tube

if it's in a header collector it will do that, but if it's upstream of a 15ft long exhaust system, you'll pressurize the crankcase... when I tried this on my 97, it spit the dipstick out of the tube

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like this will turn out to be a pita idea

Back