Change 03 over to newer pcm to use EFI live

Rockin S

Can an 03 harness be used/changed to work or do i have to graft a newer harness into mine? I dont have a Dodge so i wouldnt have to worry about everything the Dodge would need to make it run. I could do a Recovery File and be good on that part but just wondering what all would have to be done to use EFI Live?

I was thinking that but what about the rocker box and injector lines? Can they be grafted into the 06 harness? or do I have to change rocker box and Valve cover?

Will the APPS of the 03 still work for the 06? Since mine is a conversion and i did a gas motor cruise controll i really need to keep the APPS on the engine. Who wants to do a harness for me? I just dont have the time right now.

Dam it. I dont want to go through the effort to rewire this. Cindy and the crew need to hurry up and get this 03-05 out to the public.

Bringing this back up.

So a 06 ecm can be either re-pinned to a 03 harness or an 06 ecm and a harness can be swapped

Will factory gauges work on either?

I know shops are doing this any ballpark dollar figures?

Searched didn't find what I wanted, asked question.

What has to be done to get the gauges to work? Why don't they work? There has to be a way just electronics right?

Searched didn't find what I wanted, asked question.

What has to be done to get the gauges to work? Why don't they work? There has to be a way just electronics right?
Swap Common rail ecu's - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

03 swap to 06 ECM - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

How to pin a 2006 ECM to a 2004.5 truck. - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

All three have the question answered of why the SCI and CAN buses aren't compatible.

I just got a 06 full dash, harness, ecm, and steering collum. Can I just put all that in and be ready to go? I did get the pedal and valve cover. The only real question I have will the tail lights and power windows plug in? The only thing I don't have is the chassis harness from the cab back. It's going in a 04 that is strictly a puller. I figured since I had the motor out now would be the time to do it.

Also will the transmission shift? I wire my lever back on my puller anyway or do I need to mount a motor so the ECM thinks there is one there?

Last edited:
Back