changing carpet to vinyle?

Got Smoke?

Has anyone changed out there carpet for vinyle floor? Been thinking about doing this to ease in keeping the truck clean, also thought of doing it to my puller because the carpet is stained pretty bad. I've heard some 3rd party info that its a royal PITA? If you have done it where did you get the vinyle flooring from?
Thanks,

in your puller why not just remove the carpet and do a roll on bed liner in the cab. my buddy did it in his crawling jeep and it works great. thinking about doing it in the vw rabbit i'm building for a daily driver

Because I'm trying to keep my puller where it can still be a decent street vehicle when I get tired of truck pulling an decide to sell it. It will be a lot easier to sell as a 2.6 street puller/streetable truck that makes decent power and can still haul a trailer with a little detuning rather than just strictly a pulling truck. ;)

I am in the same boat. Pulled mine cause it was wet soaked and stunk! Got to find the leak first but don't want to go back with carpet! I was thinking of the roll on bed liner!

Mark...
I know someone out here who took his carpet out like was already stated and had the floors shot with Rhino Lining.Since he is a farmer and is in gunk all day long he told me it was alot easier to clean,when he wanted to do it......Andy

Stay away from the bedliner on a street driven truck. It gets hot and noisy inside.

I dunno about the rhino liner, but I love my vinyl floors. Easy to keep clean, no stains nothing. I wouldn't think it would be to bad to change. It looks as if getting the seats out would be the hardest part and theres only like 4-6 bolts holding them in. jmo

if you can find an OEM vinyl mat, that's ideal, but there are several aftermarket companies that sell them. I love vinyl floors. definately don't do the bedliner, that's ghetto, and as stated above, noisy and hot, and you'll have exposed wiring and such

Back