Changing superstreet to a 10.5-10.9 index class

Yes TS is just going to add a 10.5 index. As far as NHRDA I think leave the 11.90 index then go to a 10.5 index and leave Pro Street the way it is. That way the guys running faster then 10.5 have the option of either slowing down to 10.5 or jumping up and running Pro Street.

And get rid of SS totally? are you still peived about the no hood stack in SS rule?

I think Indy would be a great place to try it especially since Dennis is going to be putting it in as a class at TS there should be quite a few trucks in the midwest built and ready to run it.

It my understanding that TS was going to try as 10.50 index? I'm talking about 3 classes to replace the super diesel, Superstreet and Prostreet classes for a least one race. 8.50, 10.0 and 11.50

Yes TS is just going to add a 10.5 index. As far as NHRDA I think leave the 11.90 index then go to a 10.5 index and leave Pro Street the way it is. That way the guys running faster then 10.5 have the option of either slowing down to 10.5 or jumping up and running Pro Street.

I bet this class will be packed at TS. The whole TS thread was YES YES YES and this thread continues with "No, it wont work"

Bruce,

NHRDA (And ALL events IMO) should be at the safety breaks. That way people can still race heads up and go as fast as their safety equipment allows. That being said, a truck built to run a 10.50 Index would still be competitive in a 10.00 Index.

People need to remember, this diesel racing does not have near the participation yet as the gas events. What that means is in a 10.00 Index class at a diesel event, most people are not going to be running 10.0X (if any at all). Anybody running from low 11's to 10.0 is going to have a chance

I agree with you Greg. Very very few have been able to run consistent enough sub 10.50 for anyone to dominate a index class.

Bruce,

NHRDA (And ALL events IMO) should be at the safety breaks. That way people can still race heads up and go as fast as their safety equipment allows. That being said, a truck built to run a 10.50 Index would still be competitive in a 10.00 Index.

People need to remember, this diesel racing does not have near the participation yet as the gas events. What that means is in a 10.00 Index class at a diesel event, most people are not going to be running 10.0X (if any at all). Anybody running from low 11's to 10.0 is going to have a chance

I think we discussed this in another thread, and at your local track you had different track official responses than I have seen around here, but I was told that the reason the classes were placed on the .90 marks was so that they were NOT right on a safety equipment break, in the case of a double breakout. For instance, if it were a 10.00 index and one truck had safety equipment for 9.99 while the other did not, and the non-9.99 truck won a double breakout race (e.g., he ran 9.98 while the other truck ran 9.97), do you throw out the 9.98 guy since his truck was not legal to run that ET?

I agree with you Greg. Very very few have been able to run consistent enough sub 10.50 for anyone to dominate a index class.

except for the prostreet trucks which will be eligable to run the 10.0. then you will have the situation Micheal described in his gasser days. anytime a few dominate the class there will be those want a new class "they have a chance at winning at"

I think we discussed this in another thread, and at your local track you had different track official responses than I have seen around here, but I was told that the reason the classes were placed on the .90 marks was so that they were NOT right on a safety equipment break, in the case of a double breakout. For instance, if it were a 10.00 index and one truck had safety equipment for 9.99 while the other did not, and the non-9.99 truck won a double breakout race (e.g., he ran 9.98 while the other truck ran 9.97), do you throw out the 9.98 guy since his truck was not legal to run that ET?

Michael I agree I think there should at least be a .2 buffer in there for the guys to run past the index for instance 10.2 . But maybe a 10.5 would be better because possibly more people would look at it and say I can do that where the 10.2 might scare them off. Either way would work for me.

And get rid of SS totally? are you still peived about the no hood stack in SS rule?

No I am not peived it was what it was . I only have one NHRDA race in my area so it was never a big deal if there would have been more races I probably would have changed it.

Again Michael, There are no less than 8 tracks (NHRA & IHRA) that run 11.50, 10.00, and 8.50 Index classes all year within 150 mi. of me.

THEY DON'T THROW ANYONE OUT!!!!! YOU ONLY NEED THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR THE NUMBER ON YOUR WINDOW!!!

In qualifying if you run under the index you get put at the bottom of the ladder.

In eliminations if you break out you loose. On a double breakout, the worse break out looses.

Now don't confuse "racing" an Index class with a number on the window from just a "Test & Tune". All the tracks I mentioned above will ask you to slow down or throw you out if you run beyond your equipment in a T&T.

I GUARANTEE that there would be very few, if any tracks that would refuse to let you run 11.50, 10.00 and 8.50 classes if you told them up front and they would not throw anyone out.

Again Michael, There are no less than 8 tracks (NHRA & IHRA) that run 11.50, 10.00, and 8.50 Index classes all year within 150 mi. of me.

THEY DON'T THROW ANYONE OUT!!!!! YOU ONLY NEED THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR THE NUMBER ON YOUR WINDOW!!!

In qualifying if you run under the index you get put at the bottom of the ladder.

In eliminations if you break out you loose. On a double breakout, the worse break out looses.

Now don't confuse "racing" an Index class with a number on the window from just a "Test & Tune". All the tracks I mentioned above will ask you to slow down or throw you out if you run beyond your equipment in a T&T.

I GUARANTEE that there would be very few, if any tracks that would refuse to let you run 11.50, 10.00 and 8.50 classes if you told them up front and they would not throw anyone out.
I don't agree with you Greg, at least not at the tracks I run. The NHRA sactioned tracks here give one warning, doesn't matter racing in an event or T & T. No exceptions. If you return to the track at a later date, you will be asked to leave if you don't have the equipment. They don't care what is on your window here, but what your ET or MPH is.

As for what classes are best, I could care less. I'll race in anything. I have bracket raced Max'd Out in the pro class in NHRA several times. I'll race period. Make any class up you guys want.

I don't agree with you Greg, at least not at the tracks I run. The NHRA sactioned tracks here give one warning, doesn't matter racing in an event or T & T. No exceptions. If you return to the track at a later date, you will be asked to leave if you don't have the equipment. They don't care what is on your window here, but what your ET or MPH is.

Rob, at the event, are they running a dial-in?

Just do a search and there are tracks all over the country that run these index's

10.0 index racing - Google Search

You guy's need to stop trying to re-invent the wheel :doh:

Rob, at the event, are they running a dial-in?

Just do a search and there are tracks all over the country that run these index's

10.0 index racing - Google Search

You guy's need to stop trying to re-invent the wheel :doh:
Yes, dial in, but my guess the index classes you are talking about have entries that are legal below the index. The index classes here are run on the .9 and most all cars are legal down past the next break point. The index classes I have watched are cars capable of running 1-2 seconds below the index putting down the track on a throttle stop.

Yes, dial in, but my guess the index classes you are talking about have entries that are legal below the index. The index classes here are run on the .9 and most all cars are legal down past the next break point. The index classes I have watched are cars capable of running 1-2 seconds below the index putting down the track on a throttle stop.

NO THROTTLE STOPS ALLOWED

I am not talking about NHRA .90 Index racing with throttle stops!! That is the most boring, worst kind of racing ever!!

The 11.50, 10.00, and 8.50 classes are foot brake or transbrake classes only. NO ELECTRONICS.

And NO, 95% of the cars in these classes do not have the safety equipment to go faster than the index.

OK, I believe you as I have not witnessed the index racing you are yelling about. Built it and I will come. My El Camino will be cheaper to run in a 10.0 index class, no need to try to go faster as I may get beat.

I really do believe you Greg, all kidding aside.

This will be great, I'll save a bunch of money. Put a stock engine in the truck and run the 11.5 class and run the other car in the 10.0 class, I'm so excited I'm about to pee my pants. Not sure how my sponsors will like index racing though, so maybe I won't save much money. Oh well, it'll be fun not going all out, not breaking records, not testing equipment for sponsors and companies, not pushing things to the limit to further products. My wife and accountant will love me again and there will be peace in the world. LOL!!!

except for the prostreet trucks which will be eligable to run the 10.0. then you will have the situation Micheal described in his gasser days. anytime a few dominate the class there will be those want a new class "they have a chance at winning at"

Sure they will be eligible if they want to run the class. The only truck's I have seen run consistently + or - .30 ET's are Mamba, Max'd Out and Vollmer just recently. Seth, Micha, Dimitri, and many others have run great in the class but none of them have been able to be that consistent... Could they be? Sure they could but that just means your going to have to drive to win.:pro:

Back