Cheapest 12v rebuild kit

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Who sells them? Any options for $300 pistons? Cheap rings? Dirt cheap lead/tin bearings? Pretend I only have $600 set aside for hard parts to overhaul the engine in the ratrod. Actually, you don't have to pretend; I'm that cheap. :hehe:

Diesel care & performance from Memphis, Tn. area. They're on evilbay. Low $600's for complete kit.

I had a friend use a kit from DCP, I wouldn't recommend it.

agkits.com they have kits for $650 pistons rings wrist pins all the bearings and gaskets. not sure if that is what your looking for?

The interstate Mc bee/clevite kits pretty good for around $900 with pistons I think maybe cheaper pm me

pure diesel power has some kits for cheap. You can get some dirt cheap kits on ebay as stated.

I got some aftermarket rings and bearings from Jeff a while back for under $300 I believe. Just reuse the stock pistons.

I bought a kit from Enterprise Engine Performance 2 months ago for like $750. It was a good kit used clevite interstate mcbee and cummins parts. I'm not sure if they are in full operation right now with dave passing though.

I Know E.E.P sellls kits like that. I have used other brand name kit before, one time. Like i said one time. The gaskets are not a thick as Cummins gaskets. I will never use a cheap gasket kit again. Now as far as the pistons i went with Mahle. Remember you get what you pay for!

EEP is still hard at it. But there swamped I was there Tuesday and the shop was in full swing and service was packed.

Giving her the old "silicone and scotchbrite" treatment eh?
Yeah, figured I may as well. Going to send the frame out for blasting. Hot tanked and resealed engine will be much nicer to work on while driving through Death Valley this fall.

THanks to all that posted. Thought there were a few of those $600 kits out there.

Back