chevy nv4500 in a dodge

rattlindodge

Well i got the bastard child nv4500 out of a 95 chevy diesel(with early bellhousing bolt pattern). Anyways i know the input shaft is smaller, and it has a 32 spline output. My question is can i pull the chevy 32spline input of the tcase, put it my dodge dld, and bolt my 241dld to the chevy nv4500. Keep in mind dodge diesel nv's are hard to find where im at. Thats why i want to try this. Thanks!

I have a feeling the output shaft length and housing length are different for dodge vs. GM. Check to be sure.

are you sure that its the earlier gm version cause the one i put in my conversion was a 95 and up gm version? if it is the earlier version then it wont work, of course due to different bell housing bolt pattern and smaller parts. if a dodge bell housing will bolt up to the one you have then it probably could work for you, but i dont know if the dodge tcase and gm tcase use the same adapter housing?

I have a freshly rebuilt chevy dld i would be willing to part with. Also, the dodge bell wont go on the early chevy nv.

Well according the Mr. Miller from highimpact, the early chevy bellhousing bolt pattern will work with "magyvering". I cant remember but i think you have to drill out the chevy trans to match the dodge bellhousing, or it might have been drill and tap the dodge bellhousing to chevy nv4500 hole spacing, i cant remember and now that Greg Miller has passed away some time ago, Im kinda f'ed.

Chevy dld, i thought it was 241c!

You have to drill and tap the bottom holes of the dodge bell housing because the early gm vesion is narrow at the bottom compared to the dodge versions. Also the dodge input wont fit in the earlier versions without some machine work. I believe you could put the dodge main shaft in and make it work, but you will have more time and money in it than it is to get a reman or used trans.

Back