Chips For The 7.3

^^^^^What he said except I had the supechips tuner instead of the bully dog. But the rest is the same and that is why I too currently run DP tunes.

hey guys my f550 is completly stock except exhaust /im loking to just get a lil more out of it for towing i tow 26k plus 6 days a week with it its a six speed not an auto i want the extra power that the juice gives my dodge sometimes .

well it looks like DP and Wildman get the most votes. wich is good because i have really been looking at DP. now has any one had truble installing DP, i read the install on there page, it seems simple but it looks like mistakes can be made.

bigpowersmoke said:
well it looks like DP and Wildman get the most votes. wich is good because i have really been looking at DP. now has any one had truble installing DP, i read the install on there page, it seems simple but it looks like mistakes can be made.

Pretty simple. Take your time scuffing off the silicone on the board. Dont go to far. Make sure it gets a good connection and is secure. Tape the end of the cover up good. Dont let the chip be loose. This causes the computer to fry. Speaking from a friends experience that was in a hurry to hook his up. KEEP THE KEY OUT. Double check the reinstall and have fun with it. IMO Dp is the best for the 7.3s...

I have a ts 4 position with custom burns from Beans Diesel Performance and I love it. I would definetly check them out before you buy, their site is Beans Diesel Performance.com I'm not exactly shure what the hp is on the highest setting on mine is but i think it is between 150-160

Yep, I've heard great things about Cale's tuning from BTS. If I would have known that he tuned I probably would have gotten his tunes back when I got my BTS transmission (I was running DP-Tuner at the time).

DCSpecial I love that avatar, I need to get one of them. I had good luck with the dp tuner, it was better than the edge juice w/attitude stacked with the edge downloader. I had a f250 7.3 2002 Good luck.

i put the ts 6 position in and love it, up here where its cold, the high idle setting really comes in handy. it really doesn't put out that much smoke, unless it is on the 140 setting and i'm lugging it. i bought mine off of craigslist, brand new from and authorized dealer for $300 thats what sold me. i think that if you go with any of the big name guys (dp, wildman, ts) you'll be more than happy, just stay away from banks, for more reasons than one

I am running the Quadzilla fchip with commander and like that set up. I had autometer gauges running up the pillar post but really like being able to look at one spot and see trans. temp, egt's, boost and fuel pressure.
Jay

Back