Choices for duramax camshaft manufacturers?

CurtisEmery

This is a dedicated sled puller. I am currently using a Socal 6460. I may use Socal again, but I wanted to test the waters and see what else is availible before I pull the trigger. Thanks

We are running the newer hamilton puller cam. Seems to Spool the same charger easier than the truck we bought it off of. The have similar port jarbs but the other truck had a diff cam. Actually, our dedicated puller 2.6 tk spools a S475/87/1.0 t4 so welll that i would send the wife for groceries in it(allison)

Give David Browning a call at DTS ...PM me if you need a number

I'd give Maxspool a call. Pretty sure Dan Clarke is running a big 2.6 cam that greg had cut in his D-max. He can cut one for what your setup needs

Give me a call. We're a dealer and R&D for MaxSpool. The sled puller cam we ran last year was a success. Made peak hp at 3800rpm. Then from 3800 to 5000rpm it carried that power and only lost about 80hp. This is in our 2.6 LLY.

Thank you for all the replies. I will be calling all the shops mentioned. Keep the names coming, the more info I can gather the better.

Beg Tim Jackson to give/sell/whatever you some cam specs from when he did back to back to back to back... engine dyno testing of multiple cams to find the best. :D

Then send the specs to Bullet and have them grind it out for you.

Otherwise, you've got a nice list to contact already. ;)

Beg Tim Jackson to give/sell/whatever you some cam specs from when he did back to back to back to back... engine dyno testing of multiple cams to find the best. :D

Then send the specs to Bullet and have them grind it out for you.

Otherwise, you've got a nice list to contact already. ;)

And you wonder why we keep those specs secret. there is more then numbers at .050 . I have over 300 different combinations for the Duramax , and everyone has its own aplacation

I spend many hours with people like Dan Clark on the dyno and others to get the specs to cams that make big power,
I have days involved in designing these profiles and the grinds at Bullet are my proprietary grinds. I spend several hundred thousand dollars a year with Bullet and have known the owner for decades.

This is the problem in the forums some people will do whatever it takes to get around hard work and offered it cheaper.

What you are paying for is the time and money it takes to develop these grinds. I will absolutely tell you that my cam programs make power and everyone get a custom grind.

I make and sell a high quality product, I don’t sell single springs and every Dual spring I do sell, get a heat treated CM , or Titanium retainers I would not recommend running a performance spring on a stock retainer, this is a recipe for disaster .
My push rods are heat-treated 4340 CM and not mild steel, my billet tips are 4340 CM and not 8620 steel.

Last edited:
I've got your cam, Greg. I'm not sure if I'm reading into your post too much since you quoted me but I sensed a bit of hostility there? I mentioned Tim jokingly. I doubt anyone could afford to pay him for his knowledge gained anyways. ;)

Wanna update my cam w/ your latest & greatest? :D The one I have is one you sold me as being the best at the time when you were working w/ the mustang.

And you wonder why we keep those specs secret. there is more then numbers at .050 . I have over 300 different combinations for the Duramax , and everyone has its own aplacation

I spend many hours with people like Dan Clark on the dyno and others to get the specs to cams that make big power,
I have days involved in designing these profiles and the grinds at Bullet are my proprietary grinds. I spend several hundred thousand dollars a year with Bullet and have known the owner for decades.

This is the problem in the forums some people will do whatever it takes to get around hard work and offered it cheaper.

What you are paying for is the time and money it takes to develop these grinds. I will absolutely tell you that my cam programs make power and everyone get a custom grind.

I make and sell a high quality product, I don’t sell single springs and every Dual spring I do sell, get a heat treated CM , or Titanium retainers I would not recommend running a performance spring on a stock retainer, this is a recipe for disaster .
My push rods are heat-treated 4340 CM and not mild steel, my billet tips are 4340 CM and not 8620 steel.

you designed tim jacksons cam profile?

I've got your cam, Greg. I'm not sure if I'm reading into your post too much since you quoted me but I sensed a bit of hostility there? I mentioned Tim jokingly. I doubt anyone could afford to pay him for his knowledge gained anyways. ;)

Wanna update my cam w/ your latest & greatest? :D The one I have is one you sold me as being the best at the time when you were working w/ the mustang.

No problem, I get a lot of referrals from Bullet, I have a hundred Dmax core there and a few hundred new Cummins UGL ready to grind.

No offence taken, I have continued R&D from that cam but that was many generations ago. I knew years ago where the theory pointed and I made small steps in that direction. I got really bold with Dan we knew that we would soon get to a cam that made less power, but we are still going in that not there yet. . We have power from idle to maximum rpm. And now we take it even farther. Give me a call, I will grind you something a will extend the power up even higher, and still have incredible power down low.
We have really found something power with the Cummins stuff as in Megaton, John Weatherby and Dan Valance, these cams are very similar to the Dmax design protocols.

Did you win the lottery, or still working for the fire department?

I grind 20 to 30 MaxSpool custom cams a week at Bullet , along with 40 to 50 sets of MaxSpool Chrome Moly Billet push rods each week. And close to as many sets MaxSpool dual Springs.

I like where you feel it’s you responsibility as a moderator on this site to openly attack vendors, namely me at every chance you can.

I feel it is my responsibility to call bullchit. The truth will set you free, Greg. Testify!

thanks for the PM Greg. How exactly does one 'go **** your self side ways?' Is that what I have to do to get with your 'Race Program?'

Back