choosing new deck

Tan70

Hey guys...

My stock cd player in my 06 is messing up, the aux port doesnt like playin my iPod. So yesturday I went and got a decent Kenwood deck single din.

I was wondering who has gottin a single din deck and later on wished they would have went with the double.

From my understanding, I can't run a double unsless I get the nav. Bezel. Right?
Also even when I get one of those are there certain double din that I still can't run?

The Kenwood is in my truck so I don't know the model, but I paid around $200 for it, I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash far a better quality/ better looking one...

So should I stick with this one or upgrade again?

Also how much do the factory nav. Radio cost? I really like those...

I'll drop this right here! LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHWg3dhEGQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHWg3dhEGQ[/ame]

Seriously, there is no reason to go with a double or din and a half if you can get all the options you want in a single din unit. If you want navigation there are plenty of aftermarket options that are better than the oem unit.

Best In-dash Car Navigation System Compare Reviews and Rankings | Bestcovery

cnet also has some good reviews.

Last edited:
Hahahaha that was pretty funny...

I guess I'm just second guessing my purchase.... I never really wanted one and just liked my factory one. Less things for people to try and still.

I took the Kenwood back and got my money back. Never did install it, ill just hold onto my stock one a little longer till I find something I really want.

I've got the same one as AHall. Love this thing. Especially with the video lockout bypassed.

It better be nice for $1200... I'm lookin for something along the lines of $600

I also really liked my pioneer double din. Was an awesome deck and only $330.

I liked it nearly as much as my Alpine. Quite a few less features and obviously no Navi. Unfortunately my recon cab lights leaked during a hard rain and trashed it so I upgraded. Pissed me off since it was only a couple months old.

Back